Sun's Jini: Granting the Wish of Simplified Distributed Computing?
- Sun Bulks Up for Web. Gonsalves, Antone // PC Week;10/26/98, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p16
States that Sun Microsystems Inc. has integrated the NetDynamics Application Server with its Solaris operating system to create a unified package for running distributed enterprise and Web applications. How Sun's strategy with Solaris compares to Microsoft Corp.'s strategy with Windows NT 5.0;...
- Sun revisits cloud computing. Douglas, Dave // Network World;12/15/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p18
The article discusses the march of Sun Microsystems Inc. towards cloud computing in the U.S. The Grid Compute Utility Service is claimed as the company's early attempt at cloud computing. The firm has a wide range of technologies that it can introduce to the cloud market such as Solaris OS,...
- SUN MICROSYSTEMS CUSTOMERS SHAPE WEB 2.0. // Worldwide Databases;Aug2006, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the adoption of Sun Microsystems' Sun Fireâ„¢ Family with CoolThreadsâ„¢ technology. The server is based on the UltraSPARCÂ® T1 processor and runs the Solarisâ„¢ 10 operating system in order to support their online operations and to lower power, cooling and...
- SUN INTRODUCES SOLARIS 9 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT. // UNIX Update;Jul2002, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p2
Introduces the Solaris 9 Operating Environment operating system from Sun Microsystems Inc.
- Solaris 9 Promises More Security, Web Services Support. Trombly, Maria // Securities Industry News;5/27/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p4
Reports the launching of the Solaris operating system of Sun Microsystems in the U.S. Support on Web site services; Reliability of the system; Assessment of the programming technique.
- Solaris beta model modified. Galli, Peter // eWeek;9/29/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p10
Santa Clara, California-based Sun Microsystems Inc. is preparing for the next major upgrade of Solaris by changing the way it delivers beta code to Solaris users and providing code much earlier in the development process. The company last week began delivering on this new model, called Software...
- Out of the bottle. de la Sierra, Mimi // Business Mexico;Mar1999, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p50
Reports on Sun Microsystem's introduction of the Jini computer operating system. Communication among an array of electronic devices; Rationale behind the free licensing technology; Reckoning of when expenses occur.
- Cascade: NT services over Solaris. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Oct98, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p29
Announces Sun Microsystems' plan to run Windows NT system services on top of its own Solaris operating system. Development of a software that will attempt to separate NT services from the underlying NT operating system.
- Launch of Sun's Serengeti takes server market by the tail. Neel, Dan // InfoWorld;03/19/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p24
Reports on the plan of Sun Microsystems computer company to introduce the Serengeti computer server on March 20, 2001. Type of processor used by the server; Target market for the computer product; Plan of Sun for the marketing of the server.