- Denoxium cuts nitrogen oxide emissions. // Refrigerated Transporter;Aug2004, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the development of Denoxium, a selective catalytic reduction technology that cuts nitrogen oxide emissions by motor vehicles. Development by Kemira Oyj, a Finland-based company; Entities with which it is collaborating to test the product; Drawback due to freezing in a cold climate.
- Engine retrofit kit helps Filipinos breathe easier. // Ecos;Oct/Nov2007, Issue 139, p4
The article reports on the impact of the non-profit U.S. company Envirofit's retrofit engine kit on the Philippines's health and economy. The kit was designed to minimize air pollution by reducing smoke-belching Philippine motorcycle taxis' fuel consumption by over 30% and emissions by 90%. The...
- Greener comings and goings. // Habitat Australia;Aug94, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p54
Reports on the need to lessen the environmental impact of motor cars. Contribution of motor vehicles to urban air pollution in Australia; Need to improve car efficiency.
- From the editor. Guan, Lilia // Government News;Aug/Sep2011, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue including the transformation of cars into green fleets, the move of government agencies to address sustainability and the stealing of copper cables on railway tracks and telecommunication sites.
- Canada Restricts Cars. Dooley, Erin E. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jul2002, Vol. 110 Issue 7, pA391
Reports on stricter emission standards for on-road vehicles in Canada in 2002 targeted at reducing levels of smog-forming pollutants and toxic substances. Percentage of emissions contributed by cars and trucks; Proposed measures included in the emission standards.
- Comparative case study. Lacy, Stephen; Coulson, David C. // Newspaper Research Journal;Winter2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p13
Governmental and business sources dominate coverage of the Clean Air Act. Consumers and environmentalists are seldom used as sources.
- Clean, Green Electric Machines. Hackleman, Michael // Mother Earth News;Oct/Nov2002, Issue 194, p42
Provides information on electric vehicles (EV). Description of EV motors; Environmental benefits from EV; Cost efficiency of EV; Applications of EV; Types of EV. INSETS: Banking on Batteries;Go Electric.
- Planning Cities For Less Cars. O'Meara Sheehan, Molly // UN Chronicle;Mar-May2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p52
Reports the effects of motor vehicles on the environmental and society. Pollution caused by motor vehicles; Increase in the disparity between the rich and the poor; Losses experienced by the developing cities due to traffic.
- Another reason not to tailgate. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Oct/Nov99, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p8
Cites a California study which found the air inside motor vehicles to be ten times more polluted than the air outside. Comparison of the level of gaseous pollutants and fine particles in and outside of cars; Other vehicles as the major source of pollutants.