Implementing Stealth Knowledge Management
- Building virtual teams is vital. Williams, Peter // Knowledge Management;Sep2002, p3
Focuses on the importance of building virtual teams for the knowledge-driven organization as discussed by knowledge management guru Bob Buckman during the second Henley Knowledge Management forum. Types of virtual teams; Key stages which teams must go through before they can perform at peak.
- Zen Communities of Practice in Western Corporations. Harney, John // Knowledge Management;Jun2001, p10
Discusses different approaches and practices in business between corporations in the East and West. Characteristics of East and West workgroups; Factors influencing the practices of any business enterprise; Flexibility of companies to adopt different strategies that would help them grow.
- Knowledge Creation in Groups: The Value of Cognitive Diversity, Transactive Memory and Open-mindedness Norms. Mitchell, Rebecca; Nicholas, Stephen // Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management;Jan2006, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p67
This paper contributes to our understanding of knowledge creation by developing a comprehensive model of the knowledge creating process in organisational work teams. It subsequently synthesises contemporary theory across research streams to develop hypotheses relating to three factors capable of...
- Hyperwave pushes virtual teamwork. // Knowledge Management;Apr2002, p2
Reports on the additional offering by Hyperwave of Team Workspace to its eKnowledge Infrastructure. Improvement of projects working in teams; Enabling of virtual teams, employees, partners and customers to coordinate through the Internet, extranet and intranet.
- Factors of efficiency of joint activity of design group. Vostrikov, V. S. // FES: Finance, Economy, Strategy;May2012, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p60
Key factors influencing cooperative operations in project team are reviewed; organizational and psychological conditions required for efficient human resources management in project team are being evaluated and modeled.
- 5 WORDS THAT WILL SHAPE THE FUTURE OF EVERY IN-PLANT. LARSON, PHIL // American Printer;Winter2014, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p32
The author discusses the five words that will determine the future of in-plants. These words are innovation, comprehensiveness, informational, engagement, and communicativeness. Other topics covered include how historical analysis and trending can mislead businesses when dealing with disruptive...
- Shared Leadership. Pearce, Craig L.; Manz, Charles C. // Executive Excellence;Jul2004, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p6
Considers the benefits of including followers in leadership development efforts within corporations. Elements of shared leadership; Steps to strengthening team-work within businesses; Ways of using self and shared leadership to leverage the abilities of knowledge workers.
- WITHHOLDING OF KNOWLEDGE IN ORGANIZATIONS. Krákel, Matthias // Schmalenbach Business Review (SBR);Jul2002, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p221
This paper examines a principal's trade-off when he decides whether to transfer knowledge to other members of the organization. Although knowledge makes an agent more productive (productivity effect), knowledge transfer could cause the agent to become self-employed. The agent would then become a...
- Knowcations: A Meme-Based Personal Knowledge Management System-in-Progress. Schmitt, Ulrich // Proceedings of the International Conference on e-Learning;2013, p523
The short paper and poster introduces KnowcationsÂ®, an innovative approach to Personal Knowledge Management (PKM) which stands for a concept and support-system-in-work to aid teamwork, life-long-learning, resourcefulness, and creativity of individuals throughout their academic and...