OUT AND ABOUT
- Bigger returns. // Sight & Sound;May2004, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p3
Editorial. Introduces the articles featured in the May 2004 issue of "Sight&Sound" magazine. Financing in the British film industry; Expansion of film-making opportunities; Magazine's policy of refraining from covering short films; Impact of DVD technology and PC editing on the film industry.
- Top film/video production companies. Koziatek, Sandra // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;03/10/97, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p11
Presents the top film and video production companies in Utah ranked by number of full time employees as of March 10, 1997. Includes Video West Production; Osborn Video; Arrow American Video Inc.
- BOOKS RECEIVED. Fredericksen, Don // Journal of Film & Video;Fall87, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p48
A list of books received related to film and video industry is presented which include "The American Film Musical," by Rick Altman, "Montage Eisenstein," by Jacques Aumont, and "American Beauty," by Lois W. Banner.
- BOOKS RECEIVED. Erens, Patricia // Journal of Film & Video;Fall87, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p57
A list of books received related to film and video industry is presented which include "Channels of Discourse: Television and Contemporary Criticism," edited by Robert C. Allen, "Third World Film Making and the West," by Roy Armes, and "A Surrealism of the Movies," by William Earle.
- Homevid revs drop down under. Groves, Don // Variety;02/02/98, Vol. 369 Issue 12, p6
Reports that homevideo revenues in Australia fell in 1997 as people turned to other pastimes. Drop in distributors' revenues; Other forms of entertainment competing with homevideo; Forecast on homevideo revenues for 1998.
- Film industry sources differ on how to reel in more business. Calder, Chad // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/06/97, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p4
Presents information on the performance of the New Orleans film and video production industry. Factors which impacted on the industry; Details on some of the problems experienced in the industry; Comments from Kimberly Carbo, director of the New Orleans Film and Video Commission. INSET: Movie...
- Avatar of the avant garde. Anderson, Megan // Bulletin with Newsweek;2/25/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6060, p67
Examines the independent film and video industry in England. The oxymoronic relationship of avant garde and television; Details on the ICA Biennial in London, programmed by John Wyver; Comments from Wyver; The effects of the arrival of Channel Four in 1982.
- Tucson-area film/video production firms. // Inside Tucson Business;2000 Book of Lists 2001, Vol. 10 Issue 40, p18
Ranks the top film and video productions firms in Tucson, Arizona by number of full-time local employees in 2000. Names of companies; Addresses; Ranks in 1999 and in 2000; Number of fulltime employees; Services provided; Recent projects; Names of owners; DigiVideo Productions; Jorgensen...
- INTO THE FUTURE, TOGETHER. Williams, David E. // DV: Digital Video;Jul2007, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p4
Several reports discussed within the issue are presented including an article on the applications of video technology and methodology in everyday life activities and another article on trends in digital shorts and features in the motion picture industry.