- GOING IT ALONE. King, David // Metro;Winter2004, Issue 141, p120
Focuses on the production of low budget feature films in Australia. Selection of distributors to help in the release of the film; Factors to consider on choosing the actors; Importance of finding sponsors for feature films.
- MOOCHERS MAKING MOVIES: GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE TO THE FILM INDUSTRY. Tunny, Gene // Policy;Autumn2013, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p8
The article presents an overview of the assistance provided by the Australian government to the film industry. It informs that the Australian film industry is comparatively small than the Hollywood and produces 30 to 40 feature films in a year. It mentions that assistance to the film industry is...
- Applaud and Acclaim Chinese-Made Cinema. Ji Wen // Chinese Sociology & Anthropology;Fall1999, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p70
The article focuses on Chinese film market. Making feature films is a major means of resolving the crisis in the Chinese film market. Chinese filmmaking is incurring serious losses because people do not like to watch movies made in China. Realistic choices in the course of marketing Chinese...
- COMMITTEE REPORT FOR 1960. // British Kinematography;Aug1961, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p57
The article presents the 1960 committee report of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers related to motion picture industry. It announces the continuous technical improvements within the industry. In the U.S., the number of motion picture productions decline as compared to 1959...
- Unblocking the Production Pipeline. // Image Technology;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p32
The article focuses on digital production management (DPM) for computer graphics (CG) feature film production. Studios need software solutions that not only get them up and running quickly with minimal risk and downtime but also help them save money by making production pipelines more efficient....
- A Moviemaking Primer. Vineyard, Jeremy // MovieMaker;2006 Third Annual Edition, Vol. 12, p54
Presents a primer in moviemaking. Basics in moviemaking; Importance of doing short films; Props to use.
- WIDE ANGLE. // Inside Film;May2006, Issue 87, p06
Presents news briefs related to the film industry in Australia. Premiere of children's feature film "Elephant Tales" at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City; Reason behind putting on hold the production of an epic starring Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe; Award received by Perth-based...
- UNTITLED ZOMBIE FEATURE. // Back Stage West;9/23/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 39, p22
Reports on the plan of Headquarters Casting to hold an open call for an untitled thriller feature film with zombies directed by Jeremy Kasten in California.
- Four flicks in works at Walt Disney India. Bhushan, Nyay // Hollywood Reporter;10/6/2008, Vol. 406 Issue 42, p6
The article reports on the move of Walt Disney Co. India (WDCI) to produce four live-action feature films in the country. Accordingly, WDCI spokesperson stressed that two of the projects are already finalized and the other two are being developed and in negotiation process wherein it will...