MURCH ON MIXING
- COLD MOUNTAIN CASE STUDY. Cellini, Joe // Metro;Autumn2004, Issue 140, p159
Interviews film editor Walter Murch about the film "Cold Mountain." Partnership with director Anthony Minghella; Editing of the film in the absence of sound; Preference to stay away from the actual film shoot.
- Walter Murch interviewed by Gustavo Costantini. Costantini, Gustavo // Soundtrack;2010, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p33
In this interview with the Oscar-winning editor and sound designer Walter Murch, composer, academic and critic Gustavo Costantini explores Murch's ways of working with sound and image and some of his conceptual theories on film-making.
- THREE QUICK TIPS TO FILM AND EDIT BETTER. HOLLAND, JON // Transworld Skateboarding;May2012, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p058
The article offers tips to improve filming and editing which include filming everything, thinking of edits while filming, and editing in silence.
- NOTEBOOK. Rhys, Tim // MovieMaker;Spring2005, Vol. 12 Issue 58, p6
Introduces a series of articles about making movies, including the secrets of movie editing of editor Bonnie Koehler.
- 'Mountain' man married science with art. Stranger, Elliott // Daily Variety;2/13/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 34, pA1
Focuses on the works of film editor Walter Murch in the U.S. Nomination of the editor in the Academy Awards and the American Cinema Editors Eddie Awards for the movie "Cold Mountain"; Comment of Murch on the narrative structure of the film; Other movies edited by Murch. INSET: Murch's editing...
- From Jupiter to 'Jarhead' Avni, Sheerly // Variety;11/14/2005 VLife Supplement, Vol. 400, p26
This article features the obsession of Oscar-winning editor Walter Murch with Bode's Law. When he's not busy cutting a film, Murch spends his free time poring over data from space shuttles Voyager and Galileo, trying to prove a 240-year-old theory that, among other things, links the spacing...
- Editing / the analysis. // Variety;2/9/2004, Vol. 393 Issue 12, pA16
Reviews several motion pictures nominated in the 2004 Academy Awards for best editing category. Daniel Rezende for "City of God"; Walter Murch for "Cold Mountain"; Jamie Selkirk for "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King." INSET: And the winners were....
- SMPTE Time and Edit Code and its Application to Motion Picture Production. Strong, Michael // BKSTS Journal;Aug1983, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p452
The article focuses on the time and edit code of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers and its application to motion picture production in Great Britain. The time code technology is very important to the television industry. The networks use time code for rescheduling their...
- Ways of Seeing. // Screen Education;Winter2011, Issue 62, p112
An interview with Australian film editor Kate Hickey is presented. She discusses film editing and features her romantic comedy film "Whip It." She tackles the concept of film directing. She also mentions her desire to enter her documentary film "Roller Dreams" to the International Documentary...