STUDY LOOKS AT WARNING LIGHTS, CRASH DATA
- The Road is Full of Reasons to Restore Your headlights This Season. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);10/28/2010, Vol. 103 Issue 43, p5B
The article focuses on road safety issues concerning the importance of clear nighttime driving visibility from all automobiles headlights and lenses to avoid road accidents in the U.S.
- A systematic review of epidemiological studies investigating risk factors for work-related road traffic crashes and injuries. Robb, G.; Sultana, S.; Ameratunga, S.; Jackson, R. // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Feb2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p51
Objective: To critically appraise the published evidence for risk factors for injuries and deaths relating to work-related road traffic crashes. Design: Systematic review. Data sources: Electronic databases searched included Medline, EMBASE, PsycINFO, Transport database, and the Australian...
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;11/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p1
Reports on guidelines that will be issued by the Governors Highway Safety Association in 2003 for collecting vehicular crash data that focus on driver use of electronic devices in traffic accidents. State that imposed a ban on the use of handheld telephones while driving; Developers of the...
- CONCEPTUAL MODEL FOR STRUCTURING TRAFFIC ACCIDENT DATA. Zovak, Goran; Saric, Zeljko; Cop, Andrej // Annals of DAAAM & Proceedings;Jan2011, p523
The wealth of data available on traffic accidents represents a large database with information on more than 50000 traffic accidents per calendar year. The aim of this paper is to outline a conceptual model of structuring traffic accident data, suggesting the use of a database which would through...
- Let There Be Light. Keebler, Wendy Warren // AutoWeek;11/16/2009, Vol. 59 Issue 23, p31
The article discusses several aspects of winter-driving safety. The U.S. Motor Vehicle Lighting Council says that limited visibility is a factor in about 2.8 million accidents. As mentioned, clean and clear windshields and windows, effective wiper blades and properly functioning lights help in...
- Blinded by the Light. WHITE, MARGO // North & South;Aug2012, Issue 317, p84
The article presents the author's comments on the rising popularity of xenon lights which are used as headlights in cars. Xenon lights don't have filaments and light is produced by an arc in a xenon gas-filled envelope. The author believes that xenon lights are the result of increased traffic...
- CLAIMS DATA SHOW WHICH TECHNOLOGY PREVENTS CRASHES. // Auto Body Repair Network;Aug2012, p7
The article focuses on the insurance claim study conducted by the Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) which show that advanced crash avoidance technologies includes success stories in terms of preventing crashes. It says that forward collisions avoidance systems along with adaptive headlights is...
- DOT TO LAUNCH VEHICLE SAFETY TEST. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jan2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p12
Discusses the launch of a vehicle operational test of a system designed to help drivers avoid run-off-the-road crashes in the U.S. Assessment of the maturity of system technology to support its commercial deployment; Prediction of driver acceptance; Evaluation of safety implications of deployment.
- Thirteen traffic fatalities is unacceptable to JPSO and the entire community. Lee, Harry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p52
Comments on the traffic fatalities in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. Creation of public information campaign emphasizing the importance of using designated drivers; Rise in traffic fatalities; Partnership effort against reckless driving leading to traffic fatalities.