- Presidential Determination Pursuant to Section 2(c)(1) of the Migration and Refugee Assistance Act of 1962, as Amended. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/11/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p1030
Presents the text of a memorandum from U.S. President George W. Bush directing the Secretary of State to inform the Congress on the appropriation of funds for Palestine refugees, issued on August 4, 2003.
- Statement on Congressional Action on Fiscal Year 2005 Omnibus Appropriations Legislation. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/29/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 48, p2850
Presents a statement given by U.S. President George W. Bush to the Congress for reaching agreement on the 2005 omnibus appropriations bill. Step taken by Bush to strengthen the economy of the U.S.; Overview of the domestic priorities of the Bush administration.
- Statement on House of Representatives Action on Legislation To Reduce Federal Spending. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/21/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 46, p1740
The article presents the statement issued by U.S. President George W. Bush on the move of U.S. House of Representatives to reduce federal spending and presents a list of his public schedule as of November 18, 2005. He commends the Republican members of the House who decided to pass a savings...
- Ports Deal Clouds Supplemental. Baumann, David; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;3/11/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p42
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Congress to prohibit Dubai Ports (DP) World company from managing six U.S. ports. The House Appropriation committee added the ports amendment to a must-pass fiscal 2006 supplemental spending bill, which provides $91.1 billion for the Iraq war and...
- NSSGA frowns on budget request for highway funding. // Pit & Quarry;Mar2008, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p120
The article features the disappointment expressed by the leaders of the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA) on the outcome of its budget request for 2009 in the U.S. They are disappointed that President George W. Bush reduces its funding highways from $41.2 billion to $39.4...
- Showdown Over Spending. Brush, Silla // U.S. News & World Report;9/17/2007, Vol. 143 Issue 9, p33
The article reports on the budget debate between U.S. President George W. Bush and the Democratic Party controlled-U.S. Congress over spending bills required to keep the government functioning. Bush has directed Congress not to exceed his budget figure on their twelve appropriations bills, but...
- Message to the Congress Transmitting the District of Columbia's Fiscal Year 2006 Budget Request Act. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/25/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 29, p1185
Presents a message from U.S. President George W. Bush to the Congress on transmitting the proposed Fiscal Year 2006 Budget Request Act for the District of Columbia.
- PIVOTAL EVENTS IN CONGRESS. Graham, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;5/05/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p1324
Presents news in the United States (U.S.) Congress from April 30 to May 3, 2001. Agreement on the fiscal 2002 budget resolution reached by the U.S. House and U.S. Senate negotiators; How U.S. President George W. Bush celebrated his 100th day in the presidential office; Banning of the U.S. aid...
- Bush Plans Spending Vetoes. Novak, Robert // Human Events;6/25/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 22, p9
The article reports on the plan of U.S. President George W. Bush to veto some of the excessive spending bills passed by the Democrat-controlled U.S. Congress. It mentions that the president will sign only three of the 12 appropriations bills for the fiscal year 2008. It states that the measure...