- Recycling the army way. Ericson Jr., Edward // E: The Environmental Magazine;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the effects of using radioactive waste as armor and bullets during the Gulf war. Issues about the health conditions of Deborah Edwards and other gulf war veterans; Problem of the United States about the dense radioactive waste, Depleted Uranium (DU) since 1938; Components of DU; Uses...
- Citric acid catalysed Beckmann rearrangement, under solvent free conditions. Thopate, Shankar Ramchandra; Kote, Santosh Rajaram; Rohokale, Sandeep Vasantrao; Thorat, Nitin Madhukar // Journal of Chemical Research;2011, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p124
Citric acid is reported to be a highly efficient and eco-friendly catalyst for the Beckmann rearrangement under solvent free conditions.
- Brookhaven R & D complex. Hord, Christopher; Goldberg, Carol // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/20/93, Vol. 40 Issue 51, p20
Features the Brookhaven Research & Development (R&D) Complex in Suffolk County, Long Island, New York. Brookhaven National Laboratory; Brookhaven R&D Plaza; Breslin Mall/R&D Park; American Physical Society; Proposal for ferry service between Shoreham, New York and New Haven, Connecticut;...
- Brookhaven/Yaphank R&D complex. Goldberg, Carol; Jochum, Glenn // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/31/95, Vol. 42 Issue 31, p28
Features the Brookhaven Research and Development Center in Long Island, New York State. Features of the Brookhaven National Laboratory; Parr-Brookhaven R&D Plaza; Other facilities in the complex.
- Magnets completed for BNL's new collider. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/16/98, Vol. 45 Issue 42, p19A
Reports on the completion of a magnet project at the Brookhaven National Laboratory's Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider Magnet Facility in Upton, New York.
- Multilayer lenses enable detailed studies of nanostructures. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Jun2013, Vol. 171 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that an advanced nanofocusing optic called multilayer Laue lens (MLL) for nanoscale imaging is being developed by researchers at Brookhaven National Laboratory.
- Asleep at the wheel award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/24/97, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p1
Reports that Brookhaven National Laboratory in New York State did nothing to stem a radioactive tritium leak from its nuclear reactor since 1985 until conditions worsened before the week of March 24, 1997.
- Brookhaven feels the heat over reactors. Macilwain, Colin // Nature;11/21/1996, Vol. 384 Issue 6606, p205
Discusses a campaign by local activists against the Brookhaven National Laboratory on Long Island, New York. The reports of environmental contaminants in the area; The possible link to a high rate of breast cancer; The local newspapers that are requesting baby teeth for radioactive analysis;...
- Delays at Brookhaven reactor worsen US `neutron drought.' Macilwain, Colin // Nature;8/7/1997, Vol. 388 Issue 6642, p503
Announces that the High Flux Beam Reactor (HFBR) at Brookhaven National Laboratory in New York State, which was forced to close down in January 1997 after a radiation leak, is unlikely to reopen until October 1997 at the earliest, according to US Department of Energy sources. The concern that...