Michigan Creates Bureau of Fire Services
- Tax Fixes Hinted. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p25
Reports on tax changes plan of Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm to balance a budget gap. Possible repeal of a cut in state income tax.
- Some advice for our new governor. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p8
Presents suggestions for the governor Jennifer Granholm of Michigan elected in the year 2002. Priority for urban development; Increase in diesel tax; Concern for the business community.
- KEITH CRAIN: And now the really hard work begins. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p8
Focuses on challenges faced by the governor of Michigan Jennifer Granholm. Stimulation of business; Increase in taxes; Need for cooperation of both the parties for success.
- Granholm Spends 'Vacation' Time Well. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the tour of Governor Jennifer Granholm to promote Michigan's tourism industry, as of June 9, 2003. Estimated amount spent by Michigan on in-state travel; Places visited by Granholm in Grand Rapids; Information on the budget of Illinois for tourism promotion.
- Michigan Senate Passes 30-Day Spending Plan to Meet Debt Payments. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/19/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32716, p34
The article reports on the passage of the 30-day spending plan by the Republican-controlled Michigan State. The plan was necessary to avoid defaulting on debt payments owed after the new fiscal year starts October 1, 2007. Democratic Governor Jennifer Granholm vowed to let the measure fail...
- Michigan Governor Unveils $38.6 Billion Budget Plan for Fiscal 2004. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31588, p37
No abstract available.
- Gun Lake Compact Signed By Governor. Schoonmaker, Daniel // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/12/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the decision of Grand Rapids Governor Jennifer Granholm to sign an agreement with Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi to allow Class III gaming at its Gun Lake Casino in Michigan. A dismissal of a lawsuit filed by Michigan Gambling Opposition to place the land...
- MICHIGAN: Wanted: Emergency Advice. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/17/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32548, p9
The article reports on Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm's appointment of a panel of experienced professionals to review the state's financial situation and make recommendations on how to avoid future budget problems. Two former Michigan governors were included in a meeting of the Emergency...
- Granholm's agenda. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p1
Reports on steps taken by Jennifer Granholm regarding the agenda that she proposed during the election of Governor. Proposals on urban development; Percentage decline in general fund spending; Legislation on minimum-wage and unemployment.