SFPE Updates Position on Fire Protection Systems
- ICC, SFPE Collaborate on Key Initiative. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Mar2007, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p27
The article reports that the International Code Council and the Society of Fire Protection Engineers have announced that the organizations are working on key strategic initiatives. The partnership aims to facilitate fire protection design education and application and improve public safety...
- Fire Protection Engineers HELP SAVE LIVES. Sheppard, Laurel M. // SWE Magazine;2003 Conference, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p52
The article focuses on fire protection engineering (FPE). Some universities have added or expanded FPE programs in their curriculum such as the Fire Safety Engineering College in Oman. There is a higher percentage of women who are enrolling in FPE. There is also an increasing global recognition...
- Fire & Human Behavior. // Buildings;Nov2003, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the release of the Society of Fire Protection Engineers' guide which includes key factors and considerations that impact response and behavior of building occupants while evacuating for a fire.
- Moving Merchandise. Crockett, Jim // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Jun2000, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p37
Focuses on design issues of retail big boxes and warehouses in the United States. Devices used in fire protection; Problems concerning water supply; Use of high-intensity-discharge metal halide lighting in high-bay applications; Similarities between warehouses and big-box retail stores.
- Fire protection engineers to hold seminars May 23-24. // Professional Safety;Feb95, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p12
Reports on two technical sessions of the Society of Fire Protection Engineers in Denver, Colo. on May 23-24, 1995. `Applications of Materials and Product Flammability Testing and Data in Firesafety Design' as theme; Subjects for discussion; Contact information.
- Training AIDS. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Mar2002, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p46
Focuses on training seminars and training aids related to plant maintenance in the U.S. Topics of the training seminar sponsored by the Society of Fire Protection Engineers; Contents of the 'Shopfloor Series' training guide from Productivity Inc.; Features of the Mechanical Maintenance Training...
- SFPE survey shows Americans feel safe from home fires. // Fire Engineering;Apr2008, Vol. 161 Issue 4, p100
The article reports on the results of the nationwide survey conducted by the Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) in the U.S. which reveal that majority of Americans feel safer from fires at home than in a public building. It has been noted that these results are inconsistent with the...
- SFPE Shows Fire Safety Misconception. // Fire Chief;Mar2008, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on the survey conducted by the Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) regarding fire safety in the U.S. The survey which shows that Americans feel secured from fires at home rather in public buildings is not consistent with the statistics of the government. According to...
- Association Agenda. // Engineered Systems;Jun2006, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p91
The article reports news items concerning engineering and building associations. The Society of Fire Protection Engineers has updated its position statement on the design of fire protection systems. A new board of directors was elected by the Sustainability Buildings Industry Council for the...