DHS Opens 'Direct Assistance' Applications
- ASSISTANCE TO FIREFIGHTERS GRANTS AWARDS. // Fire Engineering;Feb2006, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p40
The article reports on the awards made under the Fiscal Year 2005 Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program (AFGP) in the U.S. The grants can be used by local fire departments and emergency medical services organizations for training, first responder health and safety programs, equipment and...
- Line Up Your Ducks for Federal Dollars. // Fire Chief;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p14
Examines federal funding for fire departments in the United States. Overview of the Fire Grants program; Need for fire service leaders to work with their states to learn about first responder funding opportunities; Terrorism-response grant category.
- A Blessing and a Curse. HALTON, BOBBY // Fire Engineering;Dec2012, Vol. 165 Issue 12, p6
The author presents his opinions on U.S. fire services receiving limited fiscal support from the federal government. He states that federal grant programs such as the Fire Act provide firefighting equipment to many fire departments, allow for more staffing, and fund homeland security and first...
- AFG Office Posts Workshop Schedule. // Fire Chief;Feb2007, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p17
The article announces workshops conducted by the regional staff of the Assistance to Firefighters Grants program to provide an up-to-date fire grant information to applicants. The free two-hour workshops are conducted yearly. They offer current program information for any fire or emergency...
- Assistance to Firefighters Grants update. // Fire Engineering;Jan2004, Vol. 157 Issue 1, p50
Reports on updates on the Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) awards, according to the U.S. Fire Administration. Anticipated number of recipients; Amount appropriated to the AFG program; Allocation of funds to the Office of Domestic Preparedness of the Department of Homeland Security.
- Canyon Lake Fire/EMS To Receive $56,082 Grant Funding will be used to support firefighters and their work as first responders. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);3/7/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p8
The article announces that Canyon Lake Fire/Emergency Management Services will receive a $56,082 from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Office of Grants and Training.
- Fire departments encouraged to apply for grant funding. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);4/18/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p10
The article reports that U.S. Senator John Cornyn has encouraged Texas fire departments to apply for grant funding available to help purchase firefighting vehicles and safety and rescue equipment, as well as fund training and support operations.
- Fire grant program draws 19,000+ applications. // Fire Engineering;Jul2001, Vol. 154 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the number of applications received by the United States Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)/U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) from fire departments for grants. Grants available under the Assistance to Firefighters grant program; Target allocations for each category in which...
- FIRE ACT GRANTS: A PEER REVIEWER'S PERSPECTIVE. Weber, Matthew D. // Fire Engineering;Dec2002, Vol. 155 Issue 12, p70
Focuses on the review of the Fire Act Grants applications by various fire departments in the U.S. Provision of fire reports through the National Fire Incident Reporting System; Factors considered in the grant review process; Categories for requests.