NFPA Passes Hose Storage Changes
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Nov2001, Vol. 154 Issue 11, p94
Introduces several fire engines in the United States. Features of the SEAGRAVE, the aerial apparatus of the Squankum Fire Company; Carrying capacity of the KME pumper-tanker; Design of the LUVERNE pumper by the Metropolis Fire Department.
- Fearless firefighter. Hamer, Mick // New Scientist;11/20/99, Vol. 164 Issue 2213, p23
Reports on the development of the Robogat, a design for a remotely controlled fire engine, by Italian fire safety engineer Domenico Piatti. Features of the Robogat; Materials used for the machine's heat-resistant skin; Robot design; Applications.
- Exterior hose stretches, part 1: Single handline operation. Leihbacher, Doug // Fire Engineering;Mar1996, Vol. 149 Issue 3, p20
Part I. Discusses the procedure to follow when using exterior hose stretches in single handline operation during fire fighting activities. Use of a hoseline; Use of utility rope as fire escape stretch.
- Preconnected hoselines. // Fire Engineering;Oct99, Vol. 152 Issue 10, p30
Offers a look at the preconnect attack lines used by fire departments in the United States. Use of the one and three fourths-inch and two and one half-inch hose at the Coeur d'Alene Fire Department in Idaho; Use of the one and three fourths-inch hose by the Columbia Fire Department in South...
- Working with large-diameter hose, part 2. Gustin, Bill // Fire Engineering;Feb2000, Vol. 153 Issue 2, p130
Part II. Describes key considerations in handling large-diameter fire hoses. Positioning of hoses; Benefits of a reverse-lay position; Use of portable manifolds to increase hose effectiveness; Risk associated with water hammer.
- PRECONNECTS: THE BASICS. Leihbacher, Doug // Fire Engineering;Apr2000, Vol. 153 Issue 4, p89
Provides guidelines for using preconnected hoseline in firefighting incidents. Benefits of preconnects in firefighting; Description of the modern preconnects; Discussion on booster line; Precalculation of the pump discharge pressures; Location of the preconnected hoselines on long and short...
- THE METRO HOSE PACK: URBANIZING A WILDLAND SUCCESS. Davidson, John // Fire Engineering;Sep2000, Vol. 153 Issue 9, p59
Features the fire hose pack, Metro Pack. Advantages of the hose pack; Constitution of the hose, hose pack strap, couplings, and the nozzle; Ways to charge and advance the hose load; Details on the pack's tactical applications; Tips for effective use of the hose pack.
- WHEN THE PRECONNECT DOESN'T REACH: INCREASE HOSEBED VERSATILITY. Bales, John // Fire Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p24
Explores solutions to preconnect problems during the initial firefighting operation. Required stretch for backup hoselines; Problems resulting from the failure of preconnect lines to reach their destinations; Ways to increase hose load versatility; Hosebed configuration.
- Darley Partner Spotlight - Key Fire Hose. // Fire Engineering;Apr2013, Vol. 166 Issue 4, Special section p2
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the fire extinction equipment company Key Fire Hose, which manufactures fire hoses.