NVFC Rebuts Poor Media Portrayal
- NVFC sets agenda for 1999. // Fire Engineering;Feb99, Vol. 152 Issue 2, p29
Focuses on the fall 1998 meeting of the National Volunteer Fire Council in Rhode Island to address issues relevant to the operations of fire departments in the state in 1999. Includes the introduction of the helping hands legislation; Renewal of efforts to amend the Fair Labor Standards Act for...
- Volunteers asked to join Whitney VFD. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);7/23/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p1
The article offers information on Whitney Volunteer Fire Department (VFD), which is looking for people within Whitney, Texas who would like to be a member of the community as volunteer firefighters.
- NVFC Testifies on Volunteer Job Bill. // Fire Chief;Mar2008, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the efforts of the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) in supporting the bill for volunteer fire fighters protection in the U.S. NVFC has testified in front of the House Committee to support the proposal which will offer job protection to the volunteer emergency...
- Lakeside VFD plans fish fry. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);6/19/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p5
The article offers information on the summer fish fry event organized by Lakeside Village Area Volunteer Fire Department (VFD) and Ladies Auxiliary to be held on June 29, 2013 in Texas.
- Kicaster VFD: We need volunteers. Gibbs Jr., William J. // Wilson County News;12/23/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 51, p7A
The article reports on the call of E. A. Brietzke, president of Kicaster Volunteer Fire Department's board in Texas, urging for volunteers due to shortage in the fire department.
- Untitled. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);1/24/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p10
A photograph is presented among the recipients of plaques of appreciation , including Roger Hagar, Justin Alexander, and Randy Shaw of the Hedley Volunteer Fire Department.
- Building bridges to the 21st century. Murphy, Jr., Jack J. // Fire Engineering;Feb99, Vol. 152 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on conferences participated by the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) to address issues relevant to the assessment of fire service and departments in the United States. Discussion of job hazards facing volunteer firemen; Challenges in retention and recruitment; Identification of the...
- NVFC seeks departments that have been awarded block grants. // Fire Engineering;Aug2000, Vol. 153 Issue 8, p47
Reports that the National Volunteer Fire Council is looking for fire departments that have been awarded Community Development Block Grants. Contact information.
- Volunteer Fire Departments. Nader, Ralph // Progressive Populist;5/1/2014, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p19
The article explores volunteerism at Winsted, Connecticut Fire Department, which started in 1862 and still operates with volunteers on call, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, as well as the challenges faced by volunteer fire departments.