About Medgar Evers College
- Meeting educational, social needs. Feddoes, Sadie // New York Amsterdam News;7/12/2001-7/18/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 28, p9
Focuses on the establishment of the Medgar Evers College in New York, New York. Mission of the school; Collaboration between community leaders, elected officials and the chancellor and the board of trustees of the City University of New York in the establishment of the college; Events of the...
- Drama at Medgar Evens College. KENE, DAVID // New York Amsterdam News;12/23/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 52, p1
The article reports that the administration of the Medgar Evers College of the City University of New York has removed the computers of the Center for NuLeadership (CNUL) as part of its act to evict the center from its building.
- College celebrates three decades of higher learning. Zamgba Browne, J. // New York Amsterdam News;8/23/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 34, p9
Highlights the 30th year of service celebration of Medgar Evers College in New York, New York. Features of the affair; Concerns on the achievements and plans of the school; Regulation of the college community through major conferences, meetings and cultural performances.
- COLLEGE CHAOS. BOYD, HERB // New York Amsterdam News;1/13/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the controversy regarding the decision of William Pollard, president of Medgar Evers College in Amsterdam, New York to dismantle NuLeadership program of the school. Pollard, when asked about his decision to dismantle the program, said that the school aims to strengthen the...
- Financial aid problems fuel student walkout at Medgar Evers. FRAZIER, CRAIG D. // New York Amsterdam News;10/25/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 43, p6
The article offers information on the problems regarding the financial aids at the Medgar Evers college, New York that have put academic future of students in question. It adds that due to shortfalls in financial aid grants many students faced with tuition deficits. It also says that hundreds of...
- Medgar Evers professors at odds with administration. Johnson, Stephon // New York Amsterdam News;4/5/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 14, p3
The article focuses on the ongoing trifle between the faculty and administration of Medgar Evers College related to removing of high ranked faculty form their position and the hiring of new faculty without the consultation of the department.
- Center for NuLeadership finds new home. BARKER, CYRIL JOSH // New York Amsterdam News;3/10/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the plan of the Center for NuLeadership on Urban Solutions to move and transfer from Medgar Evers College (MEC) to the State University of New York (SUNY) Old Westbury College in order to avoid issues and problems arising from MEC leadership.
- Disagreement at Medgar Evers College continues. Barker, Cyril Josh // New York Amsterdam News;3/15/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 11, p31
The article provides information on the disagreement between the teachers and the administration of the Medgar Evers College in New York City. College professors say that the college is straying from its historic mission however, administrators say that only few faculty members disagree with the...
- Great progress at Medgar Evers College. Newsome, Dr. Moses // New York Amsterdam News;2/23/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 8, p13
The article discusses the ongoing changes associated with the New York City's Medgar Evers College affiliated with the University of New York. It states that the changes in the school aims to enhance the academic quality, to assist the students and to develop relevant college programs for...