Out on a Limb: A Black Publishing Experience
- Small press gets DocuTech printer. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;4/1/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 14, p19
Reveals that W. Paul Coates, publisher of Baltimore, Maryland based Black Classic Press (BCP), has installed a Xerox DocuTech on-demand printing system. Details about the system and what it offers Coates; The establishment of BCP Digital Printing.
- Mosley to do early mystery with Black press. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;6/3/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 23, p30
Reports on the decision of author Walter Mosley to publish a Rawlins mystery in early 1997 with Black Classic Press. Influence of a comment made by publisher Max Rodriguez on Mosley's decision.
- Printing and Publishing at Black Classic Press. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/25/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 21, p6
The article discusses the publishing of Black Classic Press (BCP), devoted to reprinting out-of-print works of African-American history and scholarship, managed by publisher W. Paul Coates. Emphasis is given to topics such as the short-run printing of BCP Digital Printing, collaboration with the...
- The World of Independent Publishing. Gale, Kate // International Journal of the Book;2007, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p93
The world of publishing in the United States thrives west of the Hudson. In fact, for the independent publishers on the other side of the Hudson, New York is a backwater, the publishing of books made into movies with expensive publishing practices established in another century. The new...
- Vertical lift off. Cook, Andy // Printing World;1/5/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 1, p18
The article reports on the development of digital printing presses in Heidelberg, Germany. Bernhard Schreier, the CEO of press power-house, reaffirms commitment to digital alongside sheetfed and post-press business. It also offers information about the financial performance of Xerox Corp....
- The Mosley touch: Lessons Black Classic learned. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;3/17/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 11, p12
Discusses the significance of the decision by author Walter Mosley to have Black Classic Press publish his latest Easy Rawlins mystery. Mosley's support for African American independent publishing; Comments from Paul Coates, director of Black Classic Press.
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN PUBLISHING. Patrick, Diane // Publishers Weekly;11/30/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 48, p20
A panel discussion among representatives of university presses about the marketing strategies used by academic presses in the U.S. specializing in African-American nonfiction titles about getting their products into the trade market amidst the continuing race issue in the country is presented....
- Book Publishers Benefit From Digital Capability. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/19/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 3, pB2
Analyzes the benefits of digital printing to book publishers. Discussion of the difference between offset lithography and digital printing; Background on Dickinson Press Inc.; Projected market growth of print sales.
- inREGISTER. O'Brien, Katherine // American Printer;Mar2006, Vol. 123 Issue 3, p100
The article presents news briefs related to the printing industry in the U.S. as of March 2006. Comments on the expertise of Publishers Press executive Martha Stewart in printing processes. Funnel Inc. will clear information graphics for their book manufacturing processes. The Digital Printing...