Fractals of a Grander Pattern
- Daughters of Yennenga: Le Mal de peau and feminine voice in literature of Burkina Faso. Scott, Joyce Hope // Women's Studies Quarterly;Fall/Winter97, Vol. 25 Issue 3/4, p83
Presents information on African women in literature. Examination of the extent to where African women literature has reached; Description of the trials of Burkinabe writers; Details on the novel `Le Mal de peau.
- Book marks. // Essence (Essence);Aug96, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p54
Suggests several books written by black authors. Includes `Hard Life: Straight Talk About the Wrongs of Right,' by Tavis Smiley; `Himpressions,' by Valerie Shaw; `Concrete Candy,' by Apollo.
- `We want to read about ourselves' Morgan, Joan // Black Issues in Higher Education;12/12/96, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p8
Presents information on the videoconference scheduled in Washington D.C. on current resurgence in Black literature, focusing on the situations affecting literature classes. Details on the questions asked; Information on moderators and panelists of the videoconference; Views from panelists.
- LAMMING AND NAIPAUL: SOME CRITERIA FOR EVALUATING THE THIRD-WORLD NOVEL. Nunez-Harrell, Elizabeth // Contemporary Literature;Winter78, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on the criteria for the evaluation of the American Negro literature in third world countries. Absence of artistic value of the genre; Discrimination against the black society; Analysis on the West Indian character.
- Riding the Waves. Austin, Regina // Black Renaissance/Renaissance Noire;Fall2004, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p6
Presents an introductory statement to the fall 2004 issue of "Black Renaissance Noire."
- Ebony book shelf. // Ebony;Mar1996, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p18
Presents a list of books written by African-American women writers. Includes `The Autobiography of My Mother,' by Jamaica Kincaid; `Bloodchild and Other Stories,' by Octavia E. Butler; `Zenzele: A Letter for My Daughter,' by J. Nozipo Maraire.
- Book marks. // Essence (Essence);Oct95, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p68
Previews several books by Afro-American authors. Includes `Skin Deep: Black Women and White Women Write About Race,' edited by Marita Golden and Susan Richards Shreve; `Killing Rage' by Bell Hooks; `Harlem on My Mind,' edited by Allan Schoener.
- Community Diversity. Patrick, Diane // Publishers Weekly;12/10/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 50, p21
Reports on the types of books by African-American authors which customers prefer, according to black booksellers in the United States in 2001. Preferred authors; Factors to consider in selling such books; Importance of quality control.
- Making Books Available: The Role of Early Libraries, Librarians, and Booksellers in the Promotion of African American Children's Literature. Tolson, Nancy // African American Review;Spring98, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the role of libraries, librarians and booksellers in the promotion of Afro-American children's literature in the United States. Literature as a tool to build images and concepts in the minds of children; Existence of Afro-American books due to the determination of Afro-Americans...