- Preferential Assessment. // Assessment Journal;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p73
Reviews the case Read versus Supervisor of Assessments, filed in Maryland, which focused on rollback taxes. Facts of the case; Arguments of Read in its appeal; Ruling upheld by the court of appeals.
- Vancouver property tax Staff Analysis and Implementation Strategies. // eFocus on Municipal Assessment & Taxation;Aug2014, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p1
The article reports that the Vancouver Council in British Columbia approved all the recommendations from the Property Tax Policy Review Commission Report such as business community health monitoring, the land assessments, and the exploration of the advantages and disadvantages assessment tools.
- Triple assessments. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Oct92, Vol. 110 Issue 1190, p108
Highlights the Court of Appeals' decision in the tax case 'IRC vs. Wilkinson.' Case background; Triple tax assessments in respect of the same amount.
- Up Against It. // Saturday Evening Post;5/4/1935, Vol. 207 Issue 44, p26
Looks into taxation legislation in California. Total amount of taxes paid; Total of taxes collected in the state per capita.
- Reasonably arguable position: what is the standard? Branson, Christopher C. // Taxation in Australia;Nov2012, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p287
Under s 284-75(2) of Sch 1 to the Taxation Administration Act 1953 (Cth), a taxpayer is liable to an administrative penalty if, in a statement to the Commissioner, the taxpayer has treated an income tax law as applying to a matter in a particular way that was not "reasonably arguable". The...
- Towards Tax Reform. // Accountancy;Mar1969, Vol. 80 Issue 907, p150
This article discusses issues related to tax reforms in Great Britain. The accountancy bodies, the English, Scottish and Irish Institutes and the Association, nowadays speak with a united voice on tax matters through the Accountant's Joint Parliamentary Committee and this year they were quick to...
- The latest news. Mabey, Simon // Accountancy;Jul2001, Vol. 128 Issue 1295, p133
This article presents an update on the developments in the taxation of limited liability partnerships (LLP) in Great Britain, as of July 2001, including the tax legislation included in the 2001 Finance Act, which received the Royal Assent on May 11, 2001. There were three key strands to the LLP...
- PROPERTY TAX DEVELOPMENTS: MODERNIZATION, CLASSIFICATION, SITE VALUE TAXATION. Welch, Ronald B. // National Tax Journal;Sep76, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p322
This article focuses on the modernization, classification and site valuation of property taxes in the U.S. Primary assessment districts have been enlarged to reasonable levels in several midwestern states or parts thereof, and legislation in Maine gives promise of enlargement in a region that...
- The Power of Local Advocacy: Funding for Senior Services in Ohio. Hornbostel, Roland // Generations;Spring2004, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p79
In the late 1970s a retiree Lois Dale Brown, sought local funding to build a senior center in her community in rural south- western Ohio. Brown had expected that her county would support such a project with local property tax levy funds, but her initial efforts were rebuffed because there was no...