- Stealth Wealth. Walker, Lewis J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr92, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p57
For financial planners and investment advisors, it was the Christmas that stole the Grinch. One could suppose that rim since December 1929, has there been such a "bah humbug" holiday as the author and his colleagues witnessed the twelfth-month past. Yet, amidst a near hysterical media-driven...
- The Hot Job of Financial Planning&hellip. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1998, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p16
Comments on the article featured in "U.S. News & World Report" about financial planning. Popularity of the career in financial planning; Demand for financial planners in the banking, brokerage and mutual fund fields; Failure of the magazine to mention designations or licenses.
- Internet Highway Report... // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1999, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p18
This section presents a list of web sites relevant to financial planners and financial planning in the U.S.
- Tasking the Task Force: When Is a CFPÂ® Certificant a Fiduciary? Thompson, Duane R. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p22
This article addresses issues concerning fiduciary standards in financial planning in the U.S. In a news release, the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board noted that it would be choosing, among members for various standing committees in 2004, volunteers for a task force begun in 2003 to...
- How the Other Half Plans. Kitces, Michael E. // Financial Planning;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p64
Discusses the need for analytical experts by financial planning firms in the U.S. in 2004. Duties of an analytical expert; Sources where analytical experts can be found; Ways financial planners can find an appropriate place for their technical skills. INSET: Becoming a Back-Office Expert.
- CE Quiz March 2005. // Financial Planning;Mar2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p125
Presents a quiz to financial advisers concerning financial planning issues in the U.S. Information on the distribution rule which apply to beneficiaries if the owner of the individual retirement account dies before the required beginning date; Rate of maximum tax for gold exchange-traded funds...
- Trading Places. McGee, Suzanne // Financial Planning;Sep2008, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p59
The article discusses the move of planners, investment advisors, and other wealth managers to change firms in the U.S. It is noted that for many advisors, switching firms or launching their own shop can be dangerous, since clients can feel neglected or taken for granted. In addition, if the...
- News Flash. // Money Management Executive;8/4/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 30, p6
Presents news items on the mutual fund industry on August 4, 2003. Information on the Eaton Vance Tax-Managed Dividend Income Fund launched by Eaton Vance; Push emails added by MassMutual Financial to its defined contribution and defined benefit services; Results of a study from Charles Schwab...
- Lifeboat Drills. Walker, Lewis J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct95, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p154
This article suggests that the failure of so many advisers has led to an economic shift from a deflationary trend back to an inflationary trend. Recently financial planner explained that the returns now available in stocks were such that people should move the equity in their homes into the...