Haring Inspired Dance Frieze
- KEITH HARING: DANCING DOGS. // Instructor;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p32
The article presents an art work by artist Keith Haring and offers information on how the art work can be used by elementary school teachers as a classroom poster and as a teaching device.
- teaching with the poster. // Instructor;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p32
The article presents several ideas for teaching aimed to help elementary school teachers in teaching with poster with the use of a Keith Haring street art in a New York City subway. It offers information on how the poster can be used in the study of creative writing, poster design and mathematics.
- The Wild, Crazy World of Graffiti. Stern, Fred // World & I;Nov2010, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p3
The article offers information on graffiti writers of New York. It is stated that the graffiti fad started in 1970 in Philadelphia and spread across the U.S. Europe, Asia and Latin America. The graffiti was done with white crayons and later with spray cans. It is mentioned that the authorities...
- Tribute to the non-defeatist graffitists. Harvey, Philip // Eureka Street;12/2/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p9
The article presents the author's view concerning graffiti, giving tribute to the non-negativist graffitists in Australia. He notes that graffiti is grouse and not all is of the same calibre, but it never stops to catch the attention of anyone and prompt feelings of companionship with unknown...
- KEITH HARING: GÃ©nie graphique des 80's? S. S. // Beaux Arts Magazine;jan2008, Issue 283, p47
The article reviews an exhibition on the work of artist Keith Haring, held at the Museum of Contemporary Art of Lyon, France, from February 22, 2008 to June 29, 2008.
- SCHOLASTIC NEWS Teacher's Edition Vol. 63 No. 7, April 2007. Brown, Valerie; Falk, Laine // Scholastic News -- Edition 1 (Teacher's Edition);Apr2007, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p1
A teacher's guide to the April 2007 issue of "Scholastic News" is presented. It contains features such as the Look-and-Learn Math Poster, reading strategies, and teaching ideas for a graphic organizer tree. Also included are Magic School Bus characters, calendar of events for 2006-2007, and...
- Keith Haring: Made in Germany. Galloway, D. // Art in America;Mar1991, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p118
Reports on the three monumental steel sculptures by Keith Haring that are being readied for installation in Dusseldorf, Germany. Work on the sculptures from 1985 until his death; Popularity in Europe; Involvement of Hans Mayer, a German art dealer; Description of the pieces; Details.
- From the `A-train' to fighting AIDS. // United Nations Chronicle;Jun94, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p1
Discusses various aspects of the work of American pop artist Keith Haring who died from AIDS on February 16, 1990. He studied at Manhattan's School of Visual Arts; His `Fight AIDS Worldwide' drawing created for World Federation of UN Associations (WFUNA) and part of UN Postal Administration's...
- The time of his life. Tomkins, Calvin // New Yorker;
Profiles the artist Keith Haring. Beating the system by operating both inside and outside the art market; Subway-station drawings; Participation in international art competition; Activities after money started pouring in; Contents of the `Keith Haring Journals.'