KEITH HARING: DANCING DOGS
- Haring Inspired Dance Frieze. // Instructor;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p33
The article offers step-by-step instructions on making a classroom poster inspired by a Keith Haring street art. It offers information on how to add movement and sound lines on the dancing dog figures of the art work.
- Rethinking Contemporary Art and Multicultural Education. Al-Qasimi, Hoor // Art Newspaper;Dec2011, Issue 230, p46
The article reviews the book "Rethinking Contemporary Art and Multicultural Education," by authors including Keith Haring.
- teaching with the poster. // Instructor;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p32
The article presents several ideas for teaching aimed to help elementary school teachers in teaching with poster with the use of a Keith Haring street art in a New York City subway. It offers information on how the poster can be used in the study of creative writing, poster design and mathematics.
- Keith Haring: Made in Germany. Galloway, D. // Art in America;Mar1991, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p118
Reports on the three monumental steel sculptures by Keith Haring that are being readied for installation in Dusseldorf, Germany. Work on the sculptures from 1985 until his death; Popularity in Europe; Involvement of Hans Mayer, a German art dealer; Description of the pieces; Details.
- From the `A-train' to fighting AIDS. // United Nations Chronicle;Jun94, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p1
Discusses various aspects of the work of American pop artist Keith Haring who died from AIDS on February 16, 1990. He studied at Manhattan's School of Visual Arts; His `Fight AIDS Worldwide' drawing created for World Federation of UN Associations (WFUNA) and part of UN Postal Administration's...
- The time of his life. Tomkins, Calvin // New Yorker;07/08/96, Vol. 72 Issue 18, p66
Profiles the artist Keith Haring. Beating the system by operating both inside and outside the art market; Subway-station drawings; Participation in international art competition; Activities after money started pouring in; Contents of the `Keith Haring Journals.'
- Your green pages. // Teaching Pre K-8;Jan97, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p77
Describes 76 specific skill-building activities for use by pre-K through grade 8 teachers in the United States. Include activities in social studies, science, language arts, math, art and others.
- Fresh Haring. Helfand, Glen // Advocate;07/08/97, Issue 737, p64
Reviews the exhibition `Keith Haring,' by Keith Haring.
- The culture industry. Andersen, Kurt // New Yorker;07/07/97, Vol. 73 Issue 18, p23
Focuses on Keith Haring, a graffiti artist in the United States who died of AIDS in 1990. Exhibition of Haring's works at the Whitney Museum in New York City; Haring's exhibit and modern retro style of art.