Pancreatic Cancer And Malignant Pleural Effusion
- Chemical Pleurodesis for Malignant Pleural Effusions. Walker-Renard, Pamela B.; Vaughan, Leigh M.; Sahn, Steven A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;1/1/94, Vol. 120 Issue 1, p56
Purpose: To provide information about available agents for chemical pleurodesis. Data Sources: A MEDLINE search (1966 to October 1992) was conducted using the terms malignant pleural effusion and pleurodesis. Study Selection: All articles containing references to patients with recurrent,...
- Sclerotherapy is now available to outpatients. Wolfe, Suzanne // RN;Aug95, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p13
Reports that outpatient sclerotherapy for pleural efussion have been started by researchers in Maryland and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Establishment of efussion drainage; Success rate of outpatient sclerotherapy.
- Two stages of care for pleural effusion. Connor, Patricia; Berg, Pamela; Flaherty, Nancy; Klem, Linda; Lawton, Ramona; Tremblay, Marla // RN;Feb89, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p30
Discusses two stages of palliative care for pleural effusion. Cause and effect of pleural effusion; Signs and symptoms; Diagnostic tests for the disease.
- pleurocentesis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1807
A definition of the medical term "pleurocentesis," which refers to thorancentesis, is presented.
- pleuroclysis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1807
A definition of the medical term "pleuroclysis," which refers to injection and removal of fluid into the pleural cavity to wash it out, is presented.
- The palliation of malignant pleural effusions. Bhatnagar, Rahul; Rahman, Najib M. // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Jan2012, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p4
The authors offer information on malignant pleural effusions, a common complication of several cancers, and discuss their treatment and diagnosis. They mention that management of pleural effusions involves appropriate treatment for dyspnoea, and thoracocentesis or intercostal drain insertion for...
- VATS decortication for trapped lung in malignant pleural effusion: results of surgery. Minchev, T.; Manolov, E.; Marinchev, V.; Angelov, A.; Stoimenov, I.; Penev, B. // Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery;
An abstract of the article "VATS decortication for trapped lung in malignant pleural effusion: results of surgery" by T. Minchev, E. Manolov, V. Marinchev, A. Angelov, I. Stoimenov and B. Penev is presented.
- Diagnosis disclosure in a Portuguese oncological centre. Gon�alves, J.F.; Castro, S. // Palliative Medicine;Jan2001, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p35
The disclosure of a diagnosis of cancer to patients is a controversial matter. There have been major differences in practice concerning this issue through time and between cultures. A questionnaire was sent to the doctors of the Oporto Centre of the Portuguese Institute of Oncology in order to...
- Managing recurrent pleural effusions with an indwelling pleural catheter. Schrader, Julie M.; Ferson, Peter F. // JAAPA: Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants;May2009, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p27
The article reports on the utilization of indwelling pleural catheter (IPC) in treating patients suffering from pleural effusion. The author presents three cases of patients suffering from the disease where they were subject for an IPC as well as provides information on the effectiveness of the...