Pancreatic Cancer And Malignant Pleural Effusion
- Chemical Pleurodesis for Malignant Pleural Effusions. Walker-Renard, Pamela B.; Vaughan, Leigh M.; Sahn, Steven A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;1/1/94, Vol. 120 Issue 1, p56
Purpose: To provide information about available agents for chemical pleurodesis. Data Sources: A MEDLINE search (1966 to October 1992) was conducted using the terms malignant pleural effusion and pleurodesis. Study Selection: All articles containing references to patients with recurrent,...
- Sclerotherapy is now available to outpatients. Wolfe, Suzanne // RN;Aug95, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p13
Reports that outpatient sclerotherapy for pleural efussion have been started by researchers in Maryland and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Establishment of efussion drainage; Success rate of outpatient sclerotherapy.
- Two stages of care for pleural effusion. Connor, Patricia; Berg, Pamela; Flaherty, Nancy; Klem, Linda; Lawton, Ramona; Tremblay, Marla // RN;Feb89, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p30
Discusses two stages of palliative care for pleural effusion. Cause and effect of pleural effusion; Signs and symptoms; Diagnostic tests for the disease.
- pleurocentesis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1807
A definition of the medical term "pleurocentesis," which refers to thorancentesis, is presented.
- pleuroclysis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1807
A definition of the medical term "pleuroclysis," which refers to injection and removal of fluid into the pleural cavity to wash it out, is presented.
- The palliation of malignant pleural effusions. Bhatnagar, Rahul; Rahman, Najib M. // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Jan2012, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p4
The authors offer information on malignant pleural effusions, a common complication of several cancers, and discuss their treatment and diagnosis. They mention that management of pleural effusions involves appropriate treatment for dyspnoea, and thoracocentesis or intercostal drain insertion for...
- VATS decortication for trapped lung in malignant pleural effusion: results of surgery. Minchev, T.; Manolov, E.; Marinchev, V.; Angelov, A.; Stoimenov, I.; Penev, B. // Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery;2013, Vol. 8 Issue Suppl 1, p1
An abstract of the article "VATS decortication for trapped lung in malignant pleural effusion: results of surgery" by T. Minchev, E. Manolov, V. Marinchev, A. Angelov, I. Stoimenov and B. Penev is presented.
- Diagnosis disclosure in a Portuguese oncological centre. Gonçalves, J.F.; Castro, S. // Palliative Medicine;Jan2001, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p35
The disclosure of a diagnosis of cancer to patients is a controversial matter. There have been major differences in practice concerning this issue through time and between cultures. A questionnaire was sent to the doctors of the Oporto Centre of the Portuguese Institute of Oncology in order to...
- Outcome in colorectal carcinoma: seven-year study of a population. Clarke, David N.; Jones, Peter F.; Needham, C. Douglas // British Medical Journal;2/16/1980, Vol. 280 Issue 6212, p431
Examines the outcome of colorectal carnicoma in Great Britain. Description of colorectal carnicoma; Classifications of carnicoma; Pre-operative mortality rate for palliative operations.