- Is Climate Change the Next Big Thing in Global Environmental Regulations? Abrams, Fern // CircuiTree;
The article discusses issues related to global environmental regulations to prevent climate change. Member countries of the United Nations drafted the Kyoto Protocol requiring industrialized nations to reduce their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 2012. Potential impacts of climate change...
- WORLD MUST FIX CLIMATE IN LESS THAN 10 YEARS -- UNDP. Colitt, Raymond // Rachel's Democracy & Health News;11/29/2007, Issue 935, p5
The article discusses the United Nations (UN) Human Development Report. According to the report, climate change is likely to cause large-scale human and economic setbacks and irreversible ecological catastrophes if carbon emissions are not cut in half over the next generation. Emissions of...
- World population projections for greenhouse gas emissions scenarios Gaffin, Stuart R. // Mitigation & Adaptation Strategies for Global Change;1998, Vol. 3 Issue 2-4, p133
A survey is made of the latest world population projections issued by the United Nations, World Bank, U.S. Census Bureau, and International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis. Medium variants from all the organizations show excellent agreement with respect to many features of future world...
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Hungary Country Review;2013, p205
The article provides an overview on global environmental concepts, with information in global warming and greenhouse gases, international policy development and the Kyoto Protocol.
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Eritrea Country Review;2013, p199
The article presents an overview of the global environmental concepts, as of July 2013, including global warming and greenhouse gases, the Kyoto Protocol, and ozone depletion.
- Global Environmental Concepts. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Georgia Country Review;2013, p233
The article discusses global environmental concepts as of 2013, including global warming and greenhouse gases, the Kyoto Protocol, and air pollution.
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Mauritania Country Review;2011, p203
The article offers information on the association between greenhouse gases and global warming and objectives of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) to deal with the global warming.
- International Environmental Agreements and Associations. // Mauritania Country Review;2011, p222
The article offers information on the objectives of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) regarding the global warming which include the stabilization of greenhouse gas emissions by facilitating the natural adaptation of ecosystems and to maintain sustainable...
- Global Environmental Concepts. // United States Country Review;2011, p591
The article offers information on the concept of global environment as regards to the effect of global warming and greenhouse gases, development of international policy on global warming, and the Kyoto Protocol.