- Is Climate Change the Next Big Thing in Global Environmental Regulations? Abrams, Fern // CircuiTree;
The article discusses issues related to global environmental regulations to prevent climate change. Member countries of the United Nations drafted the Kyoto Protocol requiring industrialized nations to reduce their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 2012. Potential impacts of climate change...
- WORLD MUST FIX CLIMATE IN LESS THAN 10 YEARS -- UNDP. Colitt, Raymond // Rachel's Democracy & Health News;11/29/2007, Issue 935, p5
The article discusses the United Nations (UN) Human Development Report. According to the report, climate change is likely to cause large-scale human and economic setbacks and irreversible ecological catastrophes if carbon emissions are not cut in half over the next generation. Emissions of...
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Hungary Country Review;2013, p205
The article provides an overview on global environmental concepts, with information in global warming and greenhouse gases, international policy development and the Kyoto Protocol.
- International Environmental Agreements and Associations. // Mauritania Country Review;2011, p222
The article offers information on the objectives of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) regarding the global warming which include the stabilization of greenhouse gas emissions by facilitating the natural adaptation of ecosystems and to maintain sustainable...
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Moldova Country Review;2011, p207
The article offers information on the association between greenhouse gas emissions and global warming, as well as the objectives of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) on global warming.
- Carbon Trading and Green House Gas Emission-An Analysis. Sukumaran, A. K. S. // Asian Journal of Scientific Research;2014, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p405
Greenhouse gases, CO2 Dioxide Carbon; CH4 Methane, Nitrous Oxide N2O, HFCs Hydro fluorocarbons; Perfluorocabonos and PFCs and SF6 Sulfur Hexafluoride cause global warming. Since CO2 is the dominant greenhouse gas, these are generally referred to as Carbon gas. In order to save the world from...
- World Leaders Asked to Consider Effects of Climate Change on Poor. // America;12/14/2009, Vol. 201 Issue 18, p6
The article reports on the support for greenhouse gas emission reduction to be agreed at United Nations' Climate Change Conference to be held on December 7 to 18, 2009 in Copenhagen, Denmark. It mentions that participants should be reminded of the devastating effects of global warming and...
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Argentina Country Review;2011, p208
The article offers information on the different global environmental concepts including the relationship between global warming and greenhouse gases, the international policy development in regard to global warming and the KYOTO Protocol.
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Gabon Country Review;2012, p201
The article presents an overview of the global environmental concepts, which include details on global warming, greenhouse gases, and Kyoto protocol.