An elderly man with fever and hypodense lesions in the spleen and liver
- Pathologic Quiz Case Lytic Femoral Lesion and Renal Cysts in a 66-Year-Old Man. Bocklage, Therese; Rund, Chad R. // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Mar2004, Vol. 128 Issue 3, p359
Outlines the case of lytic femoral lesion and renal cysts in a 66-year-old man. Highlights of the pathologic diagnosis of occult follicular carcinoma of the thyroid; Incidence of follicular carcinoma an uncommon thyroid cancer; Description of how follicular carcinoma presents itself as a...
- Novel Association of Duodenal Gastrinoma and Atrophic Gastritis: Case Report and Literature Review. Irina Lendel; Andrea Manni; Francesca Ruggiero // Endocrine Practice;Nov2007, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p770
Objective: To describe a patient with a duodenal gastrinoma in a setting of atrophic gastritis and hypergastrinemia.Methods: We present historical features and results of laboratory and genetic evaluation in a woman with duodenal gastrinoma and hypergastrinemia due to atrophic gastritis.Results:...
- Acute kidney injury due to anti-tuberculosis drugs: a five-year experience in an aging population. Chia-Hao Chang; Yen-Fu Chen; Vin-Cent Wu; Chin-Chung Shu; Chih-Hsin Lee; Jann-Yuan Wang; Li-Na Lee; Chong-Jen Yu // BMC Infectious Diseases;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background Patients on anti-tuberculosis treatment may develop acute kidney injury (AKI), but little is known about the renal outcome and prognostic factors, especially in an aging population. This study aimed to calculate the incidence of AKI due to anti-TB drugs and analyze the outcomes and...
- Pneumatosis Cystoides Intestinalis Presenting with Hemoccult--positive Stools. Bhargava, Dinesh K.; Edelman, Martin J.; Winawer, Sidney J. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep1977, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p304
Describes a case report concerning an elderly patient with pneumatosis cystoides intestinalis. Medical history of the patient; Physical examination results; Outcome of the sigmoidoscopy performed on the patient.
- The Radiology Cornerâˆ—. Musher, David R.; Marshak, Richard H.; Lindner, Arthur E. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1978 Part 1, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p331
Describes a case report of an elderly patient with mid esophageal stricture. Results of the physical examination performed on the patient; Endoscopic examination results; Therapy administered to the patient.
- Renal cell carcinoma in young adults Clinicopathological nature and suvival analysis. Viswanathan, C.; Mathew, Georgie; Kumar, Ginil; Thomas, Appu; Bhat, H. S. // Indian Journal of Urology;Supplement1, Vol. 24, pS8
Background: Sporadic renal cell carcinoma is rare in young adults. In the present retrospective study we reviewed clinicopathological features and survival in young patients (less than or equal to 45 yrs) with RCC and compared them to older patients (greater then or equal to 60 yrs). Materials...
- The anion gap as a screening procedure for occult myeloma in the elderly. Flanagan, N. G.; Ridway, J. C.; Irving, A. G. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Jan1988, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p27
Myeloma in the elderly can mimic many disorders, causing delay in diagnosis. In a retrospective study, the mean anion gap at presentation in 78 elderly patients with confirmed myeloma was found to be significantly less than that of aged-matched controls. It is suggested that estimation of the...
- Screening of AAA. Aluigi, L. // BMC Geriatrics;2010 Supplement 1, Vol. 10, Special section p1
An overview of a lecture presentation on screening of abdominal aorta aneurysm (AAA) among older people at de Senectute: Age and Health Forum held in Catanzaro, Italy from December 5-7, 2009 is presented. The criteria for screening AAA include the prevalence of the pathology, economic...
- Clinical Pathology in the Elderly (Book). // Annals of Internal Medicine;11/15/88, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p847
Reviews the book 'Clinical Pathology in the Elderly: A Textbook of Laboratory Interpretations,' by Hyman Rochman.