That Southern Inferiority Complex
- THE MISFITS. // Boise Weekly;4/18/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p5
In this article the author offers his views on racism in Republican Party of the U.S. and states that African American are a misfit in that party. According to him, the black members of the Republican Party have the feeling of inferiority complex in them and they feel that there is difference...
- Contradictions in the Search for Authenticity. Pearson, Hugh // Defining Ourselves: Black Writers in the 90s;1999, p107
The article argues that in the effort to search for authenticity, African Americans are unintentionally reinforcing an image of inferiority. As people of Black African descent engage in human history, there is a tendency to narrow horizons and ostracize the centers among us who acknowledge their...
- Why I'll Never Feel Ashamed to be Indian American. WADHWA, VIVEK // India -- West;6/12/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 30, pA8
No abstract available.
- Fighting words. Donaldson, Greg // Men's Health;Aug91, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p92
Presents the author's narratives on how he has managed to deal with his inferiority. How talking and acting like tough guys has become a useful act in fighting his inferiority complex.
- Black Africa and Australia. Stone, John // Quadrant Magazine;Sep99, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p41
Discusses the views of Keith B. Richburg, an Afro-American journalist, on African culture and American culture. Book he wrote on the subject of African culture; His assertion that American culture is far superior than the African culture; Richburg's thanks to have been born an American and with...
- U.S. North to Regain Population? // Futurist;Jul/Aug86, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on the increase of the proportion of Americans living in the North. Percentage share of the population; Findings of the National Planning Association; Reduction of the cost of living.
- The Inequality Taboo. Murray, Charles // Commentary;Sep2005, Vol. 120 Issue 2, p13
Discusses the social conflict arising from sex and ethnic differences. Reasons behind the impossibilities for high-level accomplishment in the arts and sciences in women who have become mothers; Difference between the intelligence quotient level of African Americans and whites; Concept behind...
- HISPANIC WOMEN THROUGHOUT HISTORY. // Women in the Hispanic World;2004, p36
This article describes Hispanic women throughout history. Despite social values that treated women as inferior to men, Hispanic women were influential in many ways. In many households, women oversaw the family's daily work, finances and investments. Furthermore, Hispanic society has a long...
- The Status Of Black Women. Crawford, Charlene // Ebony;Mar1975, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p26
In this article the author discusses the different conditions of African American Women in the U.S. She notes that in interpersonal relationships, black men seek white women because they are always contented and make no demand on them. She states that for black women, they must always be...