- Skyterra to Acquire Remaining 50 Percent of Hughes Network Systems From DirecTV. // Satellite Today;11/11/2005, Vol. 4 Issue 220, pN.PAG
Reports that Skyterra Communications Inc. has executed an agreement to acquire Hughes Network Systems LLC from DirecTV Group Inc. Value of the deal; Opinion of Hughes CEO Pradman Kaul on the importance of satellite technology in any broadband network.
- Skyterra Gains Complete Ownership Of HNS. // Satellite News;11/14/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Hughes Network Systems LLC by Skyterra Communications Inc. in November 2005. The amount of the acquisition is stated. The advantage of acquisition to Hughes Network is revealed by its chairman and CEO Pradman Kaul.
- Harron Adds Subscribers In New Region. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;11/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p12
The article reports on the acquisition of cable systems and subscription in southern U.S. by the Frazer, Pennsylvania-based Harron Communications. Harron chairman and chief executive Joel Cohen cited their agreements with Vista III Media and Northland Cable Networks. The purchased systems are...
- Hughes Crosses Threshold in High Throughput Satellite Technology. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Jul2013, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p6
The article informs that the Hughes Network Systems LLC has achieved carrier data rates of more than one gigabytes per second for their JUPITER system resulting in more subscribers per satellite and greater capacity per subscriber in the High Throughput Satellite (HTS) systems.
- Harron's Halfway There. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/1/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p49
Reports on a deal of Harron Communications LP to acquire Eastern Connecticut Cable Television through its subsidiary Metrocast Communications in the U.S. in 2006. Number of subscribers to be added at Harron as a result of the acquisition; Growth of the cable television operation of Harron over...
- Hughes Closes Debt Financing Offer. // Satellite Today;4/17/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 71, p2
This article reports on the amount raised by Hughes Communications Inc. through an offering of notes by its wholly owned subsidiaries Hughes Network Systems LLC (HNS) and HNS Finance Corp. The net proceeds of the offering were used to repay term loan borrowings under the credit facilities of HNS...
- TOP 100 CABLE &SATELLITE OPERATORS. // Multichannel News;8/25/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p19A
Lists some of the top 100 cable and satellite operators. Comcast; DirecTV; Time Warner Cable; Charter Communications.
- Targeting the Hispanic Home. WINSLOW, GEORGE // Broadcasting & Cable;9/19/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 35, pA6
The article provides an overview on several cable, satellite and telecommunication providers in the U.S. including Comcast Corp., DirecTV Inc, and Dish Network Corp. It offers information on the providers' basic subscribers, contacts, and Hispanic packages. It also presents the future plans of...
- Versus gets out of DirecTV penalty box. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter;3/16/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 40, p6
The article reports that the dispute between DirecTV Inc. and sports channel Versus has ended and states that Versus will return to the same DirecTV programming packages that it used to pull before dispute.