Turner's riple Threat
- Turner Broadcasting Needs You. // U.S. Black Engineer & Information Technology;Winter2012, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p88
The article reports that Turner Sports Inc., a division of Turner Broadcasting System Inc., and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has offered an internship program in May 2011. It says that the program is offered to college graduates and post-graduate students for an 11-month,...
- Turner Broadcasting producing new facility. // Buildings;May98, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p20
Announces the beginning of the construction of a production facility of Turner Broadcasting System Incorporated on Techwood campus in Midtown Atlanta. Description on the design of the building; What this construction proves; Identification of the company responsible for the construction;...
- Turner execs forced out. CS; JC // Broadcasting & Cable;1/10/94, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p68
Reports on the resignations of Turner Broadcasting System (TBS) Sales President John Barbera and TBS Executive Vice President Terrence McGuirk, and the retirement of TBS Cable Network Sales President Paul Beckham. Speculations on the resignations.
- Turner Broadcasting corporate snapshot. Daniels, Jeffrey // Hollywood Reporter;9/25/95, Vol. 339 Issue 6, p7
Presents information on Turner Broadcasting. 1994 financial figures; Entertainment; News; Other investments.
- Cable execs detail new programming. Flint, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;1/24/94, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p150
Reports on Turner Broadcasting System executives' details of programming for TNT, TBS, Turner Classic Movies, The Cartoon Network and CNN. Turner Classic Movies' launching in April 1994; TNT's acquisition of cable rights to `In the Heat of the Night' in January 1995; The Cartoon Network's deal...
- Turner Broadcasting forms per-view unit. // Hotel & Motel Management;5/9/94, Vol. 209 Issue 8, p31
Reports that Turner Broadcasting System Inc. has formed Turner Pay-Per-View, a division to distribute all Turner Pictures and Castle Rock Entertainment Films to pay-per-view outlets.
- Let's do takeout. Musich, Paula // PC Week;4/15/96, Vol. 13 Issue 15, pE1
Illustrates strategies in network management and monitoring demonstrated through the approach used by Turner Broadcasting Systems Inc. Out-tasking selected network management functions to a specialized service provider; Complexities in network monitoring; Comments from company officials; Merits...
- TBS buyout by TCI and Time Warner rumored. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/12/93, Vol. 123 Issue 15, p6
Reports the rumored plan to break up the assets of the media conglomerate Turner Broadcasting System (TBS), by investors Tele-Communications Incorporated and Time Warner. Rumored merger of TBS with Capital Cities/ABC and Paramount Communications; Impact on the stock market; Comment from...
- Turner closes book unit. // MediaWeek;9/18/95, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p33
Reports on Turner Broadcasting System's decision to fold its Bedrock Press, a children's-book publishing unit. Number of titles published by the unit.