- Arroyo Gets U.S. Deployments. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p32
Reports on the plans of Arroyo Video Solutions' to showcase its On-Demand separate streaming and storage architecture for video-on-demand operators at the Society of Cable Television Engineers Emerging Technologies conference in Huntington Beach, California in January 2005. Features of the...
- Getting Viewers Into VOD's Tent. Kan, Amy // Multichannel News;10/20/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p55
The article reports on the marketing of video on demand (VOD). The author mentions that barker channels are used to advertise VOD and discusses a study of how VOD users respond to them. It found that viewers responded more positively immediately after watching barkers channel and cited too many...
- Study: Subs Dig Day-and-Date VOD. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p9
The article reports on the findings of the study on Movies On Demand campaign themed "The Video Store Just Moved In" that shows that the industry's campaign strategy was in demand having a 40% recall rate among cable respondents in the U.S.
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p76
The article presents news briefs concerning multichannel communication in the United States. Comcast has launched a specialized video-on-demand and Web initiative called "Breast Cancer Hope." Fox News Channel's "Fox Report" will be introducing a fresh look as the Shepard Smith-hosted show shifts...
- Levin: video-on-demand looms. Sporich, Brett // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/19/2001, Vol. 368 Issue 39, p78
Reports on the emergence of video-on-demand (VOD) as a sought-after telecommunication technology in the television broadcasting sector of the United States. Key features of VOD; Pros and cons of VOD; Advantages of VOD over conventional television.
- On-Demand Vendor Arroyo Taps CEO. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/3/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p30
Reports on the employment of Rick DeGabrielle as CEO at Arroyo Video Solutions Inc. Career highlights; Views on the changes in the television industry; Forecast on the sales of video-on-demand systems.
- What prevents cable TV from taking off in Brazil? Reis // Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media;Summer99, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p399
Probes the reason preventing cable television from taking off in Brazil. Pervasiveness of broadcast television in Brazil; Discussion of telecommunications policies; Overview of Brazilian broadcast TV's programming; Brazilian's reluctance to adopt emerging technologies.
- SAMPLING OF TECH TERMS FROM EMERGING TECH '04. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p36
Discusses technology terms from the 2004 Emerging Technologies conference of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers in the U.S. All-digital cable network; Midsplit cable bandwidth; Advanced Television Systems Committee Cable Applications Platform.
- Charter Produces Concert for VOD. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p8
Reports on a blues concert featuring Jim Belushi and Dan Aykroyd produced by Charter Communications Inc. for its video on demand (VOD) service. Scheduled airing of the concert on VOD; Reasons behind the decision of Charter Communications Inc. to produce the concert; Percentage of the company's...