Mapping Nat Geo's New Road
- Battle on the Bayou: Competition in Shreveport extends to four states. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 43, p20
The article discusses the competition between the news programs of the television stations KSLA and KTBS which expands from Shreveport, Louisiana to other states. It says that KSLA has higher household and total-day ratings against KTBS. It tells that at times, the networks imitate each other's...
- Stations transitioning to HD newscasts are attracting new viewers. // Broadcast Engineering;Nov2006, Vol. 48 Issue 11, pS11
The article reports on the benefits of using high definition (HD) television broadcasting of news in the U.S. Some of the benefits of HD broadcasting is the increase of ratings and advertising revenues for broadcasters. According to Ed Casacciay, the appearance of news content in HD offers...
- The HD Factor. Brunelli, Richard // MediaWeek;1/26/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 4, pSM4
The article, part of a special advertising section examines the impact of high definition television on television broadcasting of sports finances. Over 22 percent of U.S. television viewers had high definition televisions by the end of 2008, and research indicates sports is the most frequently...
- Europe's HD goldrush. Forrester, Chris // TVB Europe;Aug2004, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the emergence of new companies that offer high definition television (HDTV) services in Europe. Launching of the first bundle of channels by BSkyB; Venture of SES Astra into the HDTV field; Progress of offers and counter-offers.
- Budgeting for HD: The post equation. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Aug2004, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the challenges to budget the costs of broadcasting high definition television in Europe. Explanation by industry experts about why HD will take longer; Production costs of HD; Direct comparison of HD with SD technology in the television program "Holby City,". INSET: D5 the master at...
- HD and me. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/16/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 7, pS20
Provides answers to questions concerning high definition (HD) television broadcasting. Advantages of originating local programming in HD; Affordability of HD for smaller markets; Impact of HD on the look of news set and talent; Ways to promote HD in the broadcasting market.
- Euro HDTV take-off. Forrester, Chris // TVB Europe;Sep2005, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the growing number of European broadcasters that are offering high-definition television (HDTV) channels. Plan of broadcaster HD1 to increase the number of channels under the company's banner that are offering HDTV; Format of HDTV; Companies entering the HDTV industry.
- HD UPDATE. Ringrose, Fergal // TVB Europe;Sep2005, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p1
Introduces the section of the periodical "TVB Europe" which will focus on high definition television broadcasting.
- HDTV adoption. Gefen, Hagai // TVB Europe;Sep2005, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p40
Reports on the increasing number of European television broadcasting companies that are using high definition television (HDTV) systems. Benefits provided by the HDTV technology to the broadcasting industry; Challenges facing the industry in relation to its move to HDTV; Advantages of HDTV over...