- HAWKING BANDWIDTH. // Telephony;5/6/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 18, p22
Presents predictions on the recovery of wholesaling in the bandwidth industry. Expected growth of revenues in bandwidth business from 2000 to 2005; Information on the changing wholesale revenue mix.
- Broadband: revenues in Europe set to grow to almost $13 billion. // MarketWatch: Technology;July 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p17
Reports on the growth of broadband penetration in Western Europe. Expectation for the growth of revenues from broadband access; Factors affecting the connectivity prices and subscriber growth; Increase in the level of total connectivity revenues.
- IN THEIR OWN WORDS. // Connected Planet;Oct2009, p6
The article presents quotes from Bill Morrow, chief executive officer (CEO) of Clearwire, a wireless Internet service provider (WISP), and Kris Rinne, senior vice-president of architecture and planning for AT&T about the state of 3G network and broadband data speed and the future of the...
- Report: Telecom To Hit $1.5 Trillion In 2010. // Wireless Week;3/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p24
Presents a study by Insight Research on the revenue growth in worldwide telecommunications industry from 2005 to 2010. Areas that will experience revenue growth from broadband services; Spread of wireless communications services.
- No to the Status Quo. Sheehan, Alan // Communications Technology;Oct2004, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p28
The article reports on new broadband services that promises to boost revenue, which has encouraged operators to re-evaluate the status quo and explore new opportunities. Voice over Internet protocol, gaming, peer-to-peer applications, high-bandwidth broadband on-demand and others, are already...
- ZTE Passes 100 Million Unit Milestone in Broadband CPE Shipments. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;3/22/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p11
The article informs that 100 million broadband CPE (customer-premises equipment) devices has been shipped by ZTE Corporation for the year 2012 thus reinforcing its position as a global leader in FTTH (fiber-to-the-home) applications and fixed network operations. It states that ZTE attained the...
- Mobile broadband will act as a strategic disruptor in 2012. // WiFi/ WLAN;Jan2012, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p14
The article discusses the highlights of independent telecommunications analyst firm, Ovum's report which predicts that emerging market operators will continue to experience growth in 2012. The report notes the role of mobile broadband in the growth, as a driver and a strategic disruptor. Some of...
- PRIME NUMBERS. // Total Telecom Magazine;Mar2009, p26
This section offers news briefs on the telecommunications industry. The market in Russia generated an estimated US$37.2 billion in service revenues in 2008, an increase of around 20% over 2007. Analysys Mason forecasts 148 million mobile broadband connections in Europe by 2014, representing a...
- Internet protocol TV services drive infrastructure spending. Mayhew-Smith, Alex // Electronics Weekly;10/12/2005, Issue 2213, p5
This article reports that Internet protocol TV is driving a round of spending on broadband infrastructure as telcos are forced to find revenue streams. This was stated by speakers at this year's Broadband World Forum in Madrid. Telecoms firms will be able to offer a better TV service than cable...