Starz' New PC Platform
- Lots of Choice, Little Tracking. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;1/16/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p10
The article focuses on media firms that are competing with pay television distributors. According to Apple Computer Inc. Chairman Steve Jobs, consumers with new video-enabled iPod media players have downloaded several videos since the service was launched in October 2005. However, Apple...
- NCI, Navio set to go on Enhanced TV. // Broadcasting & Cable;08/18/97, Vol. 127 Issue 34, p52
Focuses on Enhanced TV's plans to launch an Internet TV venture.
- Can US pay-TV providers withstand the internet? // Telecom Asia;Feb/Mar2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p9
The article offers information on challenges faced by Pay-Television providers in the U.S. by increasing trend of internet services in the U.S.
- REPORT: CONNECTED-TV USER TWICE AS LIKELY TO CUT CORD. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/12/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p7
The article reports that owners who have Internet-connected television (TV) are more likely to cut their pay-TV service as compared to users without a connected TV, according to research and advisory company Diffusion Group.
- REPORT: 30% OF PAY-TV HOUSEHOLDS AT RISK TO CHEAPER ONLINE OPTIONS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;4/25/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p10
The article reports on In-Stat's findings that almost one in three U.S. households with subscription-based pay-television might terminate such service for lower-cost Internet video alternatives.
- REPORT: PAY-TV SUBS LOOKING FOR DEALS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/4/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p8
The article reports on the finding of a survey conducted by research company Centris which indicated that nearly 20 percent of U.S. households will attempt to bundle telephone, Internet and premium channel service with their multichannel video distributor.
- Worldwide Pay-TV Subscriber to Reach 907 Million. Massé, Dan // Microwave Journal;Feb2013, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p63
The article reports a substantial increase in the subscribers of the Pay-TV market, premium channels offering subscription-based television services, in the year 2012, and forecasts an increase in the number of global internet protocol television (IPTV) subscriber base in 2013.
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;11/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p41
The article offers news briefs related to entertainment and Internet industry in the U.S. Google Inc. has sought media deals to secure video content rights. In Demand Networks, the provider of pay-per-view and on-demand programming has planned to merge its two high-definition channels, INHD and...
- Consumer Awareness of 'TV Everywhere' Lagging. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;6/25/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p10
The article offers information on research that reveals the indifference of mainstream research about TV Everywhere, a platform designed to attract pay-television subscribers in an area of competing alternatives. The research shows awareness of pay-TV subscribers of TV Everywhere is only 20...