Games Becoming a Mobile Play
- Gaming takes spotlight at Wireless I.T. // RCR Wireless News;10/27/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p26
States that wireless and online gaming service in the cellular telephone services industry was highlighted during the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association's Wireless I.T. and Entertainment trade show in October 2003 in Las Vegas, Nevada. N-Gage advanced gaming console that Nokia...
- Fast Fact. // RCR Wireless News;12/19/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p22
This article reports on the growth of the cellular phone market in Brazil in the first 11 months of 2005. The mobile phone subscription posted an increase on the year. Brazil is positioned as the world's fifth-largest mobile phone market in terms of cellular handset numbers.
- Verizon 'ports' its LNP position. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/30/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the plan of Verizon Wireless to adopt procedures that would allow customers to keep their phone numbers when changing carriers. Benefits of wireless local number portability on carriers and customers; Statement of Verizon president and chief executive officer Denny Strigl on the...
- Personalization Takes a New Tact. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;4/1/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p50
Focuses on the forecasted growth of the fashion handset segment in the U.S. in 2006. Actions taken by manufacturers to improve the color and texture of the handsets; Advantages of customizing handsets to carriers; Implications of the increasing number of subscribers who switch to service...
- Killing some time with a handheld. Jones, Mark // InfoWorld;3/31/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p8
Comments on the problems of cellular telephone services. Worldwide number of cellular telephone subscribers in 2002 according to the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association; Challenges to be encountered by cellular telephone carriers on the shift of emphasis to high-speed wireless...
- Ceil phones grow in importance, lag in reliability for crucial communication. Moore, Philip S. // Inside Tucson Business;9/20/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p18
Assesses the cellular networks in Arizona. Impact of disasters on wireless communication; Creation of mobile cell sites; Uses of emergency response equipment.
- Third screen shouts for upfront attention. Cuneo, Alice Z. // Advertising Age;5/9/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 19, pS-22
Focuses on the circulation of video-enabled mobile phones in the U.S. market by the end of 2005. Conception by customers of the mobile phone as a third screen; Adoption by mobile phone carriers of strategies for entertainment offerings; Importance of creativity to mobile phone advertising.
- Now that EA's playing in wireless, will acquisitions follow? Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;8/1/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p6
Reports on the entry of Electronic Arts Inc. into the mobile gaming market in the U.S. Estimated number of mobile telephone game titles to be released by the company in 2006; Partnership agreement signed by the company with Sprint Corp. and Verizon Wireless to deliver mobile versions of several...
- BY THE NUMBERS. // RCR Wireless News;3/24/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p32
The article covers issues related to the mobile phone market as of March 2008. According to the NPD Group, the sales of mobile phones in the U.S. reached 146 million units in 2007 in which $11.5 billion in revenues have been generated following rebates and promotions. A research conducted by ABI...