Disney Passes BCS to iTunes
- WHAT'S WORKING IN CHARLESTON. M. M. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/9/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 27, p24
The article reports on the plan of television station WMMP to launch its coverage of the third season of high school football in Charleston, South Carolina.
- LETTER OF THE WEEK. ATKINSON, CARL // Rugby League Week;2/13/2014, p40
The article presents a letter to the editor on television broadcasting of rugby football in Australia and photographs related to the game.
- Show Premier League football the right way. Scudamore, Richard // Publican's Morning Advertiser;5/15/2014, Issue 148, p6
The article reports on the broadcast of Barclays Premier League football on BT Sport and Sky Sports by pubs across Great Britain.
- THE POWER OF THE GAME. Layden, Tim // Sports Illustrated;2/13/2012, Vol. 116 Issue 6, p15
The author offers opinions on the National Football League (NFL). The league is said to be the dominant spectator sport in the U.S., a status the author argues is due to its successful marketing of itself to television viewers. The author notes that the violence that is an inherent part of...
- ESPN focuses on 'British' identity. Johnson, Sarah // Marketing (00253650);8/5/2009, p8
The article features the marketing campaign of ESPN giving the channel the right to show live coverage of 46 Barclays Premier League and 30 Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League matches for the 2009-2010 season in Great Britain. It notes that ESPN signed a deal with Virgin Media to broadcast...
- Inside The NFL's Broadcast Boot Camp: Players Tackle New Field. Hoffman, Melody K. // Jet;7/16/2007, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p50
The article offers information on the NFL Broadcast Boot Camp. NFL Films features various sports television programs that are hosted by former professional football players. In 2007, NFL films hosted its first ever Broadcast Boot Camp. The camp is designed for players who want to become sports...
- Week Ahead. Kwak, Sarah // Sports Illustrated;11/17/2008, Vol. 109 Issue 19, p24
The article presents a calendar of televised sporting events that can be watched during the week of November 11, 2008, including a football match between the Jets and the Patriots, a game between college basketball teams from Kentucky and North Carolina and a hockey contest between the Minnesota...
- WOMEN'S EURO 2013 FINAL. WOOD, EDEN CARTER // Diva;Aug2013, Issue 206, p27
The article reports that the television network BBC has committed to cover the live final matches of the 2013 Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) Women's European Football Championship in July 28.
- It's About Playing to Win. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/1/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p24
The article reports on the issues concerning the state of sports television in the U.S. as discussed during the FSA Sports Media & Technology Conference sponsored by the Sports Business Journal held on Novmber 2008. Discussions centered on the $500 million acquisition of ESPN of the broadcasting...