Yahoo's TV Demo a No 'Go'
- Are you afraid of TiVo? Swann, Phillip // Electronic Media;12/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p10
Reports on predictions regarding the impact of digital video recorders (DVR) on television in the U.S. Elimination of traditional television schedules through DVRs; Opportunities for advertising companies; Benefits to viewers from programs designed for entertainment.
- VOLUME CONTROL. // Multichannel News;8/20/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p46
The article presents quotes related to digital video recorder (DVR) diversion, television programming and cable television.
- Low-rated TV shows can't defy gravity. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;11/28/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 41, p2
The article offers information on the role played by the digital video recorders (DVRs)in the television broadcast industry.
- Straight talk for DVR-happy viewers. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;10/10/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 8, p2
The article offers information on the changes in the television broadcasting industry of the U.S., highlighting the growth of digital video recorder (DVR).
- CTAM Notes. Hibberd, James // Television Week;7/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p39
Presents news briefs related to cable television in the U.S as of July 2003. Benefit of Emmys nominations for HBO; Agreement of major multiple system operators to participate in a new program called the Cable Movers Hotline; Claims of research company C Cubed regarding the impact of ownership...
- TiVo Cuts Entry Prices. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;2/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the decrease in the cost of entry-level digital video recorders of TiVo Inc. in February 2004. Original retail price of the recorders; Reason for the move; Leasing fees charged by some cable companies for the recorders.
- SHOEBRIDGE. // BRW;3/6/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p61
The article looks at the impact of the growing popularity of digital video recorders (DVRs) in Australia on television advertising and at efforts by U.S. marketers to counter the possible decline in television advertising. According to the author, Foxtel, Austar and Seven have increased their...
- Zipping past ad zapping. Lowry, Brian // Variety;10/30/2006, Vol. 404 Issue 11, p24
The article discusses the effects of digital video recorders (DVRs) on the television advertising industry. Concerns that viewers will skip traditional commercials has led to a rise in product placement, despite the fact that market penetration for DVRs is relatively low. One tactic advertisers...
- Delay of the land. Lowry, Brian // Variety;8/13/2012, Vol. 428 Issue 1, p2
The author offers opinions on television broadcasting and television viewers. Disagreement is expressed with critics of the NBC Television Network for broadcasting many events of the 2012 Olympic Games as delayed video recordings rather than live programs. It is stated such criticism ignores...