Comcast Spreads Set-Top Wealth
- Comcast to Stage Network DVR Trial. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/20/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p30
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to conduct a field trial of a remote-storage digital video-recorder (RS-DVR) service that will ease whole-home DVR implementations.
- Second act. Anderson, Diane // Brandweek;4/4/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 14, pSR52
Focuses on the deal of cable operator Comcast with TiVO in which TiVO would provide digital video recorder (DVR) for Comcast's set-top boxes. Estimated value of the deal; Plan of DirectTV to market a competing DVR device from NDS Group; Amount spent by Comcast for advertising in 2004.
- Comcast Records TiVo Deal. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;3/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p2
Provides information on a digital video recorder (DVR) distribution deal between cable operator Comcast Corp. and TiVo Inc. Number of DVR sold by Comcast in the fourth quarter of 2004; Benefits of the deal for Comcast; Views of Mark Hess, Comcast senior vice president of digital television, on...
- Comcast Joins DVR House Party. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;7/12/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 27, p19
The article evaluates the AnyRoom DVR service from Comcast Corp.
- COMCAST TO LIGHT UP CLOUD DVR, IN-HOME TV STREAMING. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;6/17/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p15
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has recommended to unify the multi-system operator's (MSO)'s Cloud digital video recorder (DVR) and an in-home television (TV) streaming service using its multi-screen X2 interface.
- 10 STORIES THAT MATTER. // Multichannel News;9/1/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented which discusses topics within the issue including merger between mass media firms Comcast and Time Warner Cable, resignation of Michael Wright, president at Turner Broadcasting and expansion of products line by digital video recorder makers.
- Comcast X1 Gears Up for Multiroom DVR. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;6/10/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p4
The article evaluates the Pace XG1, a high definition (HD) digital video recorder (DVR) by Comcast Corp.
- TECH Briefs. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;12/13/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p16
Presents news briefs on the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of December 13, 2004. Negotiation initiated by Comcast with television networks regarding the use of video-on-demand platform developed by Comcast in promoting television programs; Launch of a digital video recorder...
- Comcast Adds Music to Philly Trial. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p12
Deals with the plans of Comcast Corp. to add the Whole Music 1.0 application of Ucentric Systems as part of the home networking trial with Samsung Electronics America Inc in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Features and capabilities of the music application; Significance of offering music services...