THIS JUST IN
- Eyeing the 'Any Content' World. Compton, Kip // Multichannel News;11/27/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p33
An interview with Cisco Systems Inc. director of video and Internet protocol television (IPTV) development Kip Compton is presented. When ask about Cisco's focus on the development of video delivery, he states that they concentrate on voice on demand (VOD) to obtain product flexibility. Compton...
- Cisco takes stab at MMDS market. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;11/01/99, Vol. 237 Issue 18, p24
Discusses the partnership of Cisco Systems with 10 companies in the United States to push a broadband wireless standardization of its vector orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (VOFDM) technology. Purpose of the design of VOFDM; Features of VOFDOM; Availability of Cisco's initial...
- Cisco unveils metro wire-speed performance solutions. // Telecom Asia;Jan2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p28
Introduces the ML-Series interface card by Cisco Systems Inc. Composition of the ML-Series; Identification of the wire speed performance of the interface care; Use of the Cisco ONS 15454 for Ethernet service.
- Cisco touts mobile Net access. Moore, Cathleen // InfoWorld;11/20/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p12
Reports on the Cisco Internet Mobile Office initiative of Cisco Systems and the Global Broadband Roaming Service from the partnership of Cisco and iPass. Aim of the initiative; Other companies involved in the initiative; Benefits offered by the service.
- Group to promote voice over broadband. Martin, Michael // Network World;09/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the launch of a group called OpenVoice over Broadband (OpenVoB) by networking equipment manufacturer Cisco Systems Inc. to hasten the rollout of voice over broadband by working to make broadband voice equipment interoperable. Reasons why many service providers are hesitant to deploy...
- Exec: Broadband Is Doing Just Fine. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p14
Reports the projections of Cisco Systems Inc. on the broadband communication market in the U.S. Consistency on the adoption curve of broadband; Increase in the number of broadband users; Knowledge of consumers on the advantage of broadband.
- Wireless gets a jump-start. // CED;Dec99, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p20
Focuses on Cisco Systems' partnering with communications companies in the United States. Goal of creating an open standard for broadband wireless Internet services; Development of innovative consumer device and appliances based on cutting-edge technologies; Plan to standardize the wireless...
- Cisco Buying VOD Firm Arroyo. // Multichannel News;8/28/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p5
The article reports on the plan of Cisco Systems Inc. to buy on-demand video systems vendor Arroyo Video Solutions Inc. for $92 million in cash. Cisco has reached a definitive agreement to buy the firm, with the deal expected to close on October 31, 2006. According to Kip Compton, senior...
- People. // CableFAX Daily;1/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p2
Presents information on personnel changes in the U.S. cable television industry as of January 9, 2006. Recruitment of John Schanz by Comcast; Promotion of James Bombassei at Viacom; Recruitment of Kip Compton by Cisco.