- Volvo Trucks' VE 465 Engine Offers Drivers Improved Power and Torque Without Aftertreatment. // Fleet Equipment;Mar2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p13
Features Volvo Trucks North America Inc.'s Volvo diesel engine. Horsepower and torque ratings; Benefits of using the engine.
- Volvo Previews New Engine Family. // Fleet Equipment;Nov2005, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p51
The article reports that Volvo Trucks North America Inc. plans to offer a complete group of diesel engines that comply with the 2007 emissions standards by utilizing proven technologies. The company has chosen high-performance exhaust gas recirculation as the major NOx emissions control...
- TET agrees to supply DEF to Mack, Volvo. // Bulk Transporter;Jul2009, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on the selection of Terra Environmental Technologies Inc. (TET) as the supplier of Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) to Mack Trucks Inc. and Volvo Trucks North America Inc. It mentions the uses of DEF which was used by Mack and Volvo to achieve near-zero levels of nitrogen oxide...
- Volvo will offer three of its own 2007 engines, plus a $7500 surcharge. // Refrigerated Transporter;Mar2006, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p30
The article reports on announcements made by Volvo Trucks North America Inc. at the Technology and Maintenance Council annual meeting in the United States. The first announcement concerns the readiness of Volvo's 2007 diesel engines to go into production. The second is about those engines adding...
- Volvo, Mack certified for 2010. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jan2010, Vol. 167 Issue 1, p24
The article focuses on the certification of Volvo Trucks North America and Mack Trucks diesel engines by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the California Air Resources Board to meet 2010 near-zero emissions standards.
- Volvo's VE D12 engine meets EPA regulations without aftertreatment. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Aug2003, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p42
Features the Volvo VE D12 diesel engine for the new Volvo VN developed by Volvo Trucks North America Inc. Horsepower; Key features; Product performance.
- Volvo/Mack. // Fleet Owner;Aug2005, Vol. 100 Issue 8, Following p103
Reports that the Volvo Powertrain Group, which supplies engines and powertrain components for both Volvo Trucks North America and Mack Trucks, is road testing 2007-spec versions of its new family of diesel engines in company-owned trucks. Customer fleet testing to be done during the later part...
- the last word. // Fleet Owner;May2002, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p88
Provides an update on the truck industry in the U.S. as of May 2002. Information the VN770 highway tractor from Volvo Trucks North America; Details of the Spicer replacement brake kit from Dana.
- VOLVO REACHES DEAL WITH CUMMINS. Nicholas, Jess // Overdrive;Dec2000, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p85
Reports on truck manufacturer Volvo Trucks North America's appointment of Cummins as its exclusive engine supplier in North America as of December 2000. Details of the engine supply agreement.