Volvo targets heavy-duty segment
- A Volvo for Geroge Jetson. // Fleet Owner;Feb2007, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p108
The article focuses on the new truck concept of Volvo Trucks North America called "BeeVan." It is considered to be part of its new Class 8 truck concept revealed as a scale model and part of the Michelin Challenge Design competition in Detroit. Its key design element is the driver's position at...
- I-Shift debut. // Refrigerated Transporter;Oct2006, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p22
The article reports on the introduction of Volvo Trucks North America's innovative I-Shift, an automated transmission for Model Year 2008 Volvo trucks, at the news conference in Savannah, Georgia. I-Shift was designed specifically for Volvo's family of heavy-duty diesel engines, and will be...
- Volvo Trucks chooses Delphi to centralize sleeper cab controls in VN Series vehicles. // Refrigerated Transporter;Apr2003, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p22
Reports on the design of the VN Series of Class 8 commercial vehicles of Volvo Trucks North America Inc. Integration of the Living Environment Control Module for the sleeper area of heavy-duty trucks; Addition of smart load shedding; Centralization of the sleeper cabs for lights and outlets.
- Volvo Rolls-out New Line of Vocationals. // Fleet Equipment;Sep2000, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p29
Introduces the Volvo VHD vocational trucks from Volvo Trucks North America Inc. When the production of the 2002 model year Volvo VHD began; Amount invested by the company for the trucks; Safety features.
- Volvo D13 engine with turbo compounding provides increased power, fuel efficiency. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;7/13/2016, p1
The article reports that Volvo Trucks North America Inc. is adding a turbo compounding option for its Volvo D13 engine, which will bring in more power and fuel efficiency to the engine.
- Volvo introduces Euro 6 range. // Motor Equipment News;Jul2013, p36
The article previews trucks equipped with Euro 6 engines from Volvo Trucks.
- Dawn of a 'new' fuel? ROBERTS, JACK // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2013, Vol. 170 Issue 7, p24
The article evaluates the dimethyl ether (DME)-based D13 engines from Volvo Trucks North America.
- Volvo puts natural gas engine plans on hold. Roberts, Jack // Commercial Carrier Journal;Nov2014, Vol. 171 Issue 11, p24
The article reports that plans to launch its own compression-ignition liquefied natural gas engine for North America has been put on hold by Volvo Trucks North America Inc.
- Volvo extends fuel efficiency package to 11L engines. // Fleet Owner;Dec2013, Vol. 108 Issue 12, p1
The article offers brief information on the exceptional efficiency (XE) fuel efficiency package that includes 11L D11 engine from truck manufacturer Volvo Trucks.