Ford enters fast-growing LCF market
- Ford targets F-550/650 for sales boost. // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2003, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p34
Reports that Ford is focusing on boosting its F-550/650 sales and expects its 2003 totals to improve over 2002 according to commercial truck sales and marketing director Joe Castelli at the National Truck Equipment Association Truck Product Conference. Product changes for the 2004 model year;...
- Ford enters LCF commercial market. // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2004, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p42
Features the Low Cab Forward (LCF) commercial truck introduced by Ford Motor Company for the 2006 model year. Views of company executive Larry Savage on the truck; Annual sales for the LCF units; Capabilities of the diesel engine of the truck.
- Ford will offer high-tech diesels in Super Duty trucks. Truett, Richard // Automotive News;6/5/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6206, p4
This article reports that Ford Motor Co. is betting on a revamped Power Stroke diesel truck engine with a piezo electric fuel injection system to end quality problems. Industry sources said that the Super Duty pickups will get a new 6.4-liter V-8 made by Ford's longtime diesel engine supplier,...
- Advisory concerns ramp rate on Ford trucks. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2004, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p122
Reports on the technical report issued by the National Truck Equipment Association for members and other using Circuit 322 to obtain stationary elevated idle speed in Ford trucks. Trucks affected by the technical report; Concerns on the ramp rate of the trucks.
- Ford mid-range diesels to be rebadged. // Fleet Equipment;Jan97, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p14
Reports that beginning March 1, 1997 Ford Motor Co.'s FD-1060 and FD-1460 diesel engines for trucks will be marketed respectively as the Cummins B5.9 and the Cummins C8.3. Company's intention to simplify customers' parts ordering processes.
- Ford gives power boost to 2011 trucks. Durbin, Dee-Ann // Delta Automotive Report;Sep2010, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the initiative of Ford Motor co. to upgrade the horsepower in the diesel engines of its 2011 trucks.
- Heavy-truck sales rise in April. Migliore, Greg // Automotive News;5/22/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6203, p20
The article reports that two of the three largest sellers of big trucks posted sales gains in April, helping the U.S. market in classes 4-8 rise 12.9 percent over the same month of last year. Overall, the U.S. sales of medium and heavy-duty trucks, including smaller vehicles in classes 1-3,...
- Trusty Ford workhorse is revamped for Internet age. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News Europe;01/17/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on Ford Motor Company's Transit, a redesigned commercial vehicle. How Ford views the vehicle; Variants that will be launched with the redesign; Facets of the Transit vehicle which the design team concentrated on improving.
- Up and running. // LP/Gas;Jul98, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p24
Presents information on the increase in demand for Ford Motor Company's bi-fuel propane F-series trucks. Comments from David Tarrant, commercial truck manager for Ford's Fleet/ Alternative Fuel Vehicle Brand Team; Reasons for the slow sales when the vehicle was introduced; Measures taken to...