New Duramax highlights GM's package
- Alt fuels: Beyond natural gas. Straight, Brian // Fleet Owner Blog;4/ 8/2014, p14
The article discusses the benefits from using alternative fuel by trucking companies. Topics covered include the description of the fuel, fuel's emissions impact, power produced as well as effect on diesel engines. Also mentioned are its advantages over natural gas in terms of price and performance.
- New opportunities. // Bulk Transporter;Nov2008, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p28
The article reports on the business opportunities and technology challenges that selective catalytic reduction (SCR) will bring for the tank truck industry in the U.S. It states that in the opportunity side, as diesel engines in cars and light trucks will have SCR emission control systems, it...
- New GM Truck Diesel Races Emissions Regs. McCormick, John // Automotive Industries;Nov99, Vol. 179 Issue 11, p28
Focuses on Duramax 6600, the 6.6L, direct injection turbocharged diesel V-8 in Chevrolet and GMC heavy-duty pickups to be offered by General Motors. Increase in the demand for the oil-burners from 1989 to 1999; Features of the Duramax.
- nuts & bolts. // Fleet Owner;Dec2000, Vol. 95 Issue 12, p43
Presents updates on the trucking industry in the United States as of December 2000. Information on the ISB 4-cylinder electronic diesel engine introduced by Cummins Inc.; Partnership between General Motors and Isuzu Commercial Truck LLC; Information on the Web site launched by the National...
- Heavy-duty diesels get ODD. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Feb2009, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p60
The article reports on a new rule for heavy-duty diesel engines to carry emissions-monitoring technology as part of onboard diagnostic (OBD) systems starting 2010 in the U.S. It states trucks over 14,000 pound-GVW should monitor emissions systems and alert the driver if malfunctions cause those...
- The easiest trucks to sell. Dealer, Laurie // Commercial Motor;6/2/2011, Vol. 214 Issue 5435, p42
The article offers tips on the top selling trucks at Laurie Dealer. Trucks that are Euro 4/5 compliant are as efficient rather than adding up 10,000 pounds to the price of the same trucks of previous models, as to prepare for the change in emission requirements through the forthcoming London,...
- Meeting global demand. Wright, Helen // International Construction;Oct2011, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p28
The article examines how manufacturers are tackling the issue of emissions regulations with the forecast of increased sales for haulers in 2011. Sales of rigid haulers are expected to increase 14% year-on-year by the end of 2011 to more than 2000 units while 9% articulated dump trucks (ADTs) are...
- Dodge diesels will get high-tech emission gear. Truett, Richard // Automotive News;7/3/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6210, p16
The article reports that Chrysler Corp. is planning to equip its diesel-powered Dodge trucks with an expensive emissions system to meet stringent U.S. federal regulations that take effect January 1, 2007. Frank Klegon, the Chrysler group's executive vice president for product development, said...
- GM announces B20 biofuel capability for 2011 Duramax 6.6L. // Western Farm Press;3/13/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p21
The article reports that the new lineup of heavy-duty diesel pick-ups, which includes the revised 2011 Chevy Silverado, Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana vans, of General Motors Corp. will have new Duramax 6.6 liter turbo diesel engine.