An inside look at multiplexing system on M2
- Engineers seek one voice for car electronics. Keebler, Jack // Automotive News;1/31/1994, Vol. 67 Issue 5536, p121
Reports on multiplexing, an electronic strategy that shrinks and simplifies wiring systems in automobiles. Compliance of the strategy with standard communications protocol designated SAE J1850; Ability of electronic devices and sensors to feed off on one power and control wire; Use of...
- Multiplexing starts to flex. Winter, Drew // Ward's Auto World;Jun94, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p29
Reports on the potential of multiplexing, the use of one or two wires to do the work of many, in the American automotive industry. Revolutionization of the way vehicles interact with the driver and the outside world; Impact on the giant automotive electrical and electronics supply base; Problem...
- Why the Resistance? GARRIDO, JIM // Motor Age;Aug2010, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p50
The article discusses the potentiometer testing procedures used in various vehicle systems. The author says that buying at least three potentiometers is recommended to cover the resistance ranges on most sensors featured in today's vehicles. He adds that a three-contact variable potentiometer is...
- 2007 Engines' Impact, Part 2. Deierlein, Bob // Beverage World;1/15/2007, Vol. 126 Issue 1, p61
The article presents information on the 2007 engines. They will be hotter and heavier, and these changes will affect the electrical systems. The increased amount of heat means the components of the electrical system will have to be able to withstand this increased amount of heat to meet the...
- Buying cars. // Auto Express;10/28/2015, Issue 1394, p73
The article offers tips when buying a car which include checking the electrical system and fuel consumption.
- THE SHOCKING TRUTH. Shelton, Chris // DIRTSports;Jul2006, Issue 19, p66
The article offers information on basic principles of automotive wiring from electrical engineers Dennis Overholser and Joey Davitian. The information shared by these experts applies to entire electronic system design in an automobile. They stated that cleanliness is very important to easily...
- Probing Questions. GARRIDO, JIM // Motor Age;Jan2011, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p26
The author discusses lessons learned from using various types of electrical test probes for automobile wiring. He offers information on probes that may be installed on a wire with convenience. He also warns users that such probes are not ideal for installation on wiggle testing a circuit or on...
- Electrolysis and Grounding 101. Frickensmith, Jon J. // Automotive Body Repair News;Apr2005, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p86
Provides tips on how to fix improper grounding and electrolysis in automobiles. Common causes of radiator electrolysis; Considerations before collision repair; Citation of electronic advances capable of collision repair.
- Bulletin: Trunk lid re-latches (by itself) after it is opened by keyfob or switch. // Automotive Body Repair News;Apr2005, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p103
Provides tips on how to replace the trunk lid closure assembly and add a sub-harness in automobiles. Appropriate materials; Considerations before the replacement process; Steps in replacing the trunk lid.