WHAT'S WRONG WITH ABSTINENCE EDUCATION?
- Model programa zdravstvenog odgoja uÄenika u osnovnim Å¡kolama. Papović, Šemsudin // Materia Socio Medica;2007, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p165
General progress of science has also left traces in the health education as it mainly uses new knowledge from medicine, psychology, pedagogy, sociology, philosophy, and many other scientific areas, too. Time has confirmed and definitely proved that health education was the most rational and the...
- Evaluating Sexuality Education Curriculums. Wiley, David C.; Terlosky, Beverly // Educational Leadership;Oct2000, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p79
Offers advice on how decision-makers can evaluate sexuality-education programs for credibility, content and sensitivity. Controversy in the federal funding of abstinence-only curriculums; Effectiveness of abstinence-plus curriculums; Criteria for evaluating the curriculums.
- Gender Differences in Adolescent Attitudes and Receptivity to Sexual Abstinence Education. Smith, Thomas Edward; Steen, Julie A.; Schwendinger, Andrea; Spaulding-Givens, Jennifer; Brooks, Robert G. // Children & Schools;Jan2005, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p45
This article reports on a study conducted to assess the effect of gender on pre- and postintervention attitudes about sexual abstinence after an abstinence education intervention. Gender had a statistically significant effect on the pretest response for each item. Gender had a statistically...
- THE VIRTUES OF PARTNER REDUCTION. Bjerklie, David // Time;4/19/2004, Vol. 163 Issue 16, p97
Reports that HIV-prevention efforts often focus on the values of abstinence instead of advising people to have sex with fewer partners. Role of partner reduction in limiting the spread of HIV.
- WHY THEORY IS FALLING IN THE AFRICAN AMERICAN COMMUNITY: THE BATTLE TO REDUCE HIV/AIDS. Farr, Celeste // Journal of Education Research;2009, Vol. 3 Issue 1/2, p29
This article is a review of file theoretically based and ethnocentrically relevant behavior change interventions presented to the African American community. This summary demonstrates that scholars have used theory to increase knowledge, intentions to change behavior, and other variables, but...
- Do Boys and Girls Need Different Schooling? Miles, Carlotta G. // Education Digest;Apr1981, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p23
Discusses the issue of different schooling for boys and girls. Impact of the differences between the sexes on the education of very young children. Difference in the psychology of both sexes; Aggressiveness in boys; Impact of the psychological pressure on young children's behavior; Essence of...
- Sexuality and the Spiritual Life. Hathaway, Patricia Cooney // Seminary Journal;Fall2013, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p32
The author discusses the relationship between spiritual life and sexuality with respect to an academic course being introduced at the Sacred Heart Seminary. She mentions dimensions of sexuality including social aspect which states capability for self-disclosure, physical aspect including sexual...
- Social Class Variables Related to Health Instruction. Dennison, Darwin // American Journal of Public Health;Jun1972, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p814
This study is intended to compare the knowledge of health behavior of middle class and lower class students so as to develop a more effective teaching program, to determine the effect of health instruction on behavior, and to determine with which group of students instruction was more effective....
- PopSaÃºde: pitching proposal for the Health TV and open education. Cruz, Isabel // Online Brazilian Journal of Nursing;2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p1
PopSaÃºde as a television show presents scientific informations related to health promoting behaviors as well as community experiences about health and wellness to improve peopleÂ´s life style.