Bullying Among Elementary Schoolchildren
- trying to fit in. Brodkin, Adele M. // Scholastic Parent & Child;Sep2008, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p48
The article offers tips on how parents and teachers can help a child not to be neglected in school. A six-year-old boy who is not as ease with physical activities, experienced being left out by other boys. An expert explains that young children exhaust their own fears of being an outsider by...
- BULLYING. Scarpaci, Richard T. // Kappa Delta Pi Record;Summer2006, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p170
This article discusses the prevalence of bullying among school children in the U.S. in 2006. In approaching this problem, research has suggested that reduction of bullying is best accomplished through a school-wide effort. The role of teachers in addressing this problem is indicated. In...
- New Studies on Bullying. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;May2005, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p15
Reports on a study focusing on bullying among school children by the Committee for Children (CFC) in the U.S. Initiatives undertaken by school administrators to reduce aggressive student behavior; Proposition for the integration of anti-bullying and social and emotional skills into classrooms;...
- A Bully's Tale. // Education Canada;Summer2005, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p43
The article presents a personal narrative of experiences of being bullied when the author was a student. She relates how she was bullied, both physically and psychologically, during her elementary years. She relates how she was able to stop the bullying only after she herself used violence. She...
- Free State educators' experiences and recognition of bullying at schools. de Wet, Corene // South African Journal of Education;Feb2006, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p61
In South Africa little research has been conducted into bullying and particularly into South African educators' experiences of school bullying. In an attempt to address this hiatus in the literature on bullying, I report on an investigation into Free State educators' experiences and recognition...
- Bullying Prevention. Feldman, Sandra // Teaching Pre K-8;Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p6
Discusses information on handling bullying among children in a school environment. Importance of parents' cooperation in handling bullying among their children in schools; Strategies in helping students deal with bullying among peers.
- BULLYING HURTS. Feltes, Kimberly // Scholastic Action;3/16/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p16
The article addresses the growing problem of bullying in schools and offers tips on how to deal with it.
- STICKY SITUATION. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;9/2/2013, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p7
The article presents a question open for reader responses regarding a school situation on watching bullying happen to another student.
- Next in the Teachers' Lounge â€¦. Leete, Patricia // Teaching Young Children;Apr/May2012, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p31
The article presents the author's insights regarding the issue of bullying in school.