Two Arabs who help run Israel
- Amendment of Palestinian Covenant. McCurry, Mike // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;4/22/96, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p203
Presents an excerpt of a statement by the White House Press Secretary applauding the Palestine National Council's vote to revoke the sections of the Palestinian Covenant that called for the destruction of the state Israel.
- Arafat says statehood is a reality. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/14/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p6
Reports that Palestinian leader Yasir Arafat has retreated from his pledge to declare independence for Palestine on May 4, 1999. International pressure on Arafat to delay a declaration due to concerns over its use as a political issue in Israel's general election; Arafat's comments on...
- ONE WAY OUT. Remnick, David // New Yorker;4/15/2002, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p27
Focuses on the developments related to the Palestinian uprising in Israel. Efficiency of diplomacy; Disputes between Palestinian President Yaser Arafat and Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon; Engagement of the U.S. government to the uprisings in the Middle East.
- 'WE ARE KIDNAPPED.'. Hammer, Joshua; Knight, Gary // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/12/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6278, p78
Focuses on the escalating terrorism in the Middle East fueled by suicide attacks and guerrilla war between Israel and Palestine. Illustration of the situation by the author and his team who was kidnapped by terrorists; Description of how serious the security situation in the area has become.
- Bantustans and Bypass Roads: The Rebirth of Apartheid? Halper, Jeff // Global Dialogue;Summer2002, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p1
The article focuses on the Oslo Declaration of Principles agreed by Israel and Palestinians in September 1993. It says that the incursion of Israel into Palestinian areas in March and April 2002 is to demolish the infrastructure of terrorism that was represented not only a repudiation on...
- Q&A. // Junior Scholastic;11/13/2000, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p9
Answers questions about the political histories of Israel and Palestine.
- Chronology of Events. Hirbawi, Najat // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2003, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p120
Presents a chronology of events related to Palestine-Israeli's politics, economics, and culture as of January to April 2003. Deportation of seven Belgians; Palestinian suicide bombers in a bus station; Submission of a formal request to the U.S. for a special package in military aid and in loan...
- Gaza/West Bank. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/06/96, Vol. 40 Issue 49, p17
Presents news briefs related to politics and government in the Gaza Strip and West Bank, as of December 6, 1996. Includes Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's remarks on any declaration of statehood by the Palestinian National Authority; Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat's meeting with...
- Liberalism in a body bag: The foundering of the Middle... Foster, Charles // Contemporary Review;Jun97, Vol. 270 Issue 1577, p300
Deals with the Palestinian politics and sovereignty. Palestine's conflict with Israel concerning sovereignty; Transfer of West Bank land to Palestine control; Why the Israeli left wing become disappointed with Arafat.