THROUGH THE WIRE
- Station Lineup. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/2/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p37
Presents a list of Cox Television stations ranked by size in the local U.S. market as of February 2, 2004. KICU-TV 36 in San Jose, California; WPXI (TV) 11, NBC in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; WHIO (TV) 7, CBS in Dayton, Ohio; WJAC (TV) 6, NBC in Johnstown, Pennsylvania.
- What's new at NATPE? // Broadcasting & Cable;01/18/99, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p29
Provides information on the television program offers of major syndicators of the television broadcasting industry in the United States at the 36th Annual NATPE Conference & Exhibition in New Orleans, Louisiana. Talk shows; Action programs; Game shows; News programs.
- Quick takes. Bischoff, Dan // Electronic Media;12/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p18
Highlights the insights of some United States television industry executives regarding the number of newsmagazine shows on television. Demand for newsmagazine as source of information; Right amount of good shows; Possibility that television will reach the point of saturation and lack of...
- Does the Upfront Have to Change? Schrage, Michael // MediaWeek;2/9/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p28
Presents a roundtable discussion involving several media executives regarding the concept of upfront television advertising in the U.S. Importance of upfront television advertising in television broadcasting; Impact of upfront misconception on advertising; Factors to consider about buyer and...
- TV programs vs. spots: A double standard? DeSalvo // SHOOT;08/21/98, Vol. 39 Issue 34, p1
Focuses on advertising executives' allegations of subjectivity in television networks' standards for airing of television programs and television commercial films in the United States. Television networks' refusal to air commercials that deal with controversial topics; Television networks'...
- 1995 Natpe survey. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;1/16/95, Vol. 125 Issue 3, p34
Provides information on the survey by Broadcasting & Cable of the opinions of station executives on shows for sale and programing issues for the NATPE International convention to be held in January 1995. Details of the survey findings; Information on weekly syndicated shows and prices of...
- TV survey: If only one, it's UPN. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/16/95, Vol. 125 Issue 3, p3
Gives the results of the annual NATPE survey by Broadcasting & Cable on the survival of additional broadcast networks.
- Making the Most of the Changing Local Landscape. Lisotta, Christopher // Television Week;5/1/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p18
The article deals with the replacement of television networks UPN and The WB by The CW. On the day of the CW announcement, many station executives in the U.S. were wondering if they would be competing against another station in their market for the new network's affiliation. XUPN executives...
- Cable Hears Parity Calling. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;2/2/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p6
Deals with the growth in primetime ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. in January 2004 and its impact on their cost-per-thousand (CPM) pricing. Effect on the CPM gap between cable and broadcast networks; Percentage of increase in prime ratings of cable networks; Implications of the...