- Sirius Closes Subscriber Gap As XM Continues To Receive Bad News. // Satellite News;5/8/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p10
Reports on the subscribers gained by Sirius Satellite Radio as of March 31, 2006. Effect of the gain on the revenues of the company for the first quarter of 2006; Net loss reported by the company; Lawsuits filed by XM Satellite Radio against Sirius.
- Sirius seeing red on rapid growth. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;4/29/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 21, p6
This article presents information on matters related to Sirius (Company). Sirius (Company) continues to grow faster than competitor XM but is moving even deeper into the red to do it. A day after XM reported a 35% drop in its net loss on healthy growth, Mel Karmazin-led company reported that...
- Costs outpace growth for Sirius in 3rd qtr. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;10/28/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 19, p5
Reports on the posted earnings of Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. as of the third quarter of 2004 in the U.S. Percentage of increase in the company's net loss; Disclosure of the overall content spending; Actions taken by the company to reach and attract customers to its new content.
- IT'S JUMPING JUPITER. Herskovitz, Jon // Daily Variety;02/20/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 56, p14
Reports on the growth of the customer base of cable operator Jupiter Telecommunications in Japan. Reason for the increase; Business plans; Main shareholders in the company.
- Sirius Lowers Forecasts. Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p30
Reports on the decision of Sirius Satellite Radio to lower its forecast for total subscribers by the end of 2003. Projected number of subscribers; Estimated number of subscribers as of September 30, 2003; Expansion of Sirius' car sales program.
- Sirius sears music biz, stakes contrarian turf. Oppelaar, Justin // Variety;2/24/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 2, p6
Looks at the efforts of Sirius Satellite Radio to boost name recognition among consumers and media insiders. Criticisms raised by the company against the music industry; Details of the manifesto mailed by the firm to consumers and media insiders.
- Orbiting Wall Street. // Satellite News;3/27/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the financial performance of Worldspace Satellite Radio, a provider of subscription-based satellite radio services, and Sirius Satellite Radio, respectively, as of March 2006. Decline in the share prices and net loss of the firm; Increase in the 2005 revenue of Worldspace; Increase...
- Sirius Reports Record Revenue, Subscriber Growth In 2005. // Satellite Today;2/20/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of Sirius Satellite Radio in 2005. The company recorded revenue of $242.2 million in 2005. The gains were due to a net subscriber increase of 2.2 million during 2005, driven by the addition of Howard Stern. Net loss reported during the year is...
- Sirius Q2 Subs Rise, But Loss Widens. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/26/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p49
This article reports that satellite radio provider Sirius added 128,678 subscribers in the second quarter of 2004, hitting a total of 480,341, a 37 percent increase over the first quarter and more than triple the additions of the second quarter in 2003. Second-quarter total revenue at Sirius...