The Nuts and Bolts of Broadband Video
- Pop, Culture, No TV: NBCU Pulls the Plug on Trio. Brady, Shirley // CableFAX Daily;11/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 227, p1
The article reports on the plan of cable television network NBCU Cable to re-launch Q1 as broadband-only entity at Bravo.Com in the U.S. The network's rival Trio has licensed original content opposite to its television brand.
- Networks Tread Into Broadband Content. Pendleton, Jennifer // Multichannel News;10/23/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p44
Focuses on cable television networks' offering of broadband programming in the United States as of October 23, 2000. Discovery Channel's broadband program 'Inside the Space Station' Independent Film Channel's plan to produce a television program that will also run on the company's Web site.
- New video explains managed care. // Trustee;Jun97, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p3
Introduces Health & Sciences Television Network's video on managed care. Contact information.
- MTV's Buzzworthy. // Adweek Western Edition;10/18/99, Vol. 49 Issue 42, p149
Features two videos from artists who Music Television (Cable television network) believes have special potential. `Gotta Man,' performed by Eve, directed by Bishop/Phenomenon; `Do Right,' performed by Jimmie's Chicken Shack, directed by David Meyers.
- VIDEO KILLS THE VIDEO STAR. Surowiecki, James // New Yorker;8/20/2001-8/27/2001, Vol. 77 Issue 24, p59
Focuses on the performance of the video recording industry. Importance of videos to the record companies; Impact of the emergence of the Music Television (MTV) channel on the video industry; Changes in the program format of MTV; Effect of the decreased demand for music videos in MTV on the...
- CBC gets first crack at Betacam SX. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;6/24/96, Vol. 126 Issue 27, p64
Reports that the CBC Newsworld arm of the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. will use Sony Corp.'s Betacam SX digital acquisition format. Video equipment planned for use; Newsworld's testing of a DNW-A100 hybrid recorder.
- CNN makes another Clipbox buy. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;9/23/96, Vol. 126 Issue 40, p58
Reports on the purchase of two Quantel Clipbox video servers by CNN en Espanol, Turner Broadcasting's Spanish-language news network. Value of the deal; Applications of the servers in the network's operations; Other Quantel purchases by CNN.
- VH-1, Rhino fill `Generation' gap. Russell, Deborah // Billboard;10/2/93, Vol. 105 Issue 40, p58
Reports on VH-1's venture into video self-through via the `My Generation Home Video Series' produced in partnership with Rhino Home Video. Featured materials; Titles; Retail price.
- Lifetime television, Lifetime television. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/7/94, Vol. 124 Issue 6, p65
Reports on the acquisition of `Mary Hartman Mary Hartman' by Lifetime Television.