Nielsen Enters the DVR Age
- Set-Top Data Can Vastly Improve TV Advertising -- Once Thorny Issues Are Solved. Spangler, Todd; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/15/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p18
The article examines the study conducted by the Nielsen Media Research Inc in the U.S. regarding the effectiveness of set-top box data in promoting more television advertisements. It relates the assumption of Nielsen ratings that every commercial in a show has an equal audience exposure....
- New DVR Data Hints At Viewer Habits. McClellan, Steve // Adweek;1/2/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p25
The article focuses on the ratings of television programs that are recorded and viewed via digital video recorders (DVRs). Nielsen Media Research Inc. (NMR) has issued its first ratings report that includes data for American television shows recorded and viewed via digital video recorders. As...
- The Network Ratings Picture Gets Clearer. Consoli, John // Adweek;10/8/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 36, p6
This article presents information on live-plus-same day viewing rates for network television in the U.S. from the Nielsen ratings service. A change in viewing patterns increased viewer numbers for CBS though it appears that many viewers who tuned into the 2007 fall season shows went back to old...
- Out-of-Home Moving Ahead. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;9/2/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the project initiated by Nielsen Media Research which would extend its ratings of television (TV) viewership to out-of-home viewership in the U.S. as of September 2002. Mechanism of the project; Target out-of-home viewers of the project; Impact of the extended home-measurement...
- METER MEASUREMENTS: MAKING SURE THE VIEWERS COUNT. Machado, Manuel E. // Hispanic;Dec2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p71
Focuses on the Local People Meter, a rating system used by Nielsen Media Research to measure television viewership in the U.S. Cities in the country where the system has been deployed; Participation of the Association of Hispanic Advertising Agencies in the Task Force on Television Measurement,...
- Male drop-off irks nets but not Nielsen. Miller, Stuart // Variety;8/22/94, Vol. 356 Issue 4, p22
Reports on the varying reaction of Nielsen Media Research and television (TV) stations to the decline in male TV viewership for the week of August 11 to 17, 1994. Ratings at different levels and categories; Confusion over the decline in male viewership.
- NIELSEN RATINGS: Feb. 10-16, 2003. // Variety;2/24/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 2, p39
Presents a chart of the top-rated television programs in the U.S. in terms of viewership from February 10 to 16, 2003 according to Nielsen Media Research.
- LPM Critics: Nielsen Task Force Is Just a First Step. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;3/28/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p6
Focuses on the report "Independent Task Force on TV Measurement," released by Nielsen Media Research to improve its local people meter services. Objectives of the study; Demographic data that must be addressed by the company according to Tribune Broadcasting President Pat Mullen.
- Broadcast Watch. Ray, Kenneth // Broadcasting & Cable;10/8/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 42, p28
Presents a chart depicting the broadcast network prime time rating in the United States as of September 2001. List of top ten shows of the week; List of the top court shows; Number of viewers for the show 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire.'