- Nets try 'stunts' to grab viewers. Walley, Wayne // Advertising Age;9/10/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 37, p88
Focuses on the strategies used by television networks in the U.S. in an effort to attract viewers for the television programs to be launched in September 1990. Title of the programs to be launched; Issues concerning program scheduling; Promotional efforts for the new programs.
- The UN of TELEVISION LISTINGS. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/15/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 33, p22
Presents a list of television stations for ethnic audiences in the U.S. Europe; Asia; Hispanic.
- Young Male Viewer Drop Stabilizing. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;11/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p1A
Reports that the decreased number of broadcast network TV viewers during the first weeks of November 2003 has showed improvement, with emphasis on male viewers in the U.S. Reasons for the decrease in viewers; Assessment of male viewing habits in 2002 and 2003; Possible reduction of advertising...
- Hearing the Hispanic Boom. Case, Tony; Freeman, Michael // MediaWeek;2/17/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p20
Focuses on television programs aimed for the Hispanic American audience in the U.S. Emergence of the television station ExpresiÃ³n; Programming offered by the station; Information on Hispanic-themed shows on English-language broadcast networks.
- PBS Bucks Industry's Bottom-Line Mentality. Mitchell, Pat // Television Week;11/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p9
Comments on the role of the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), a non-profit public TV service, in U.S. TV broadcasting. Attraction of viewers to PBS programs; Celebrities of PBS; Assessment of the programming style of the network.
- Mass Appeal. Polich, John // Adweek New England Edition;05/31/99, Vol. 36 Issue 22, Upfront Programming p36
Reports that broadcast networks in the United States (US) are suffering a demographic breakdown. How the problem started; Comments from industry officials; Figures released by the US Bureau of Labor.
- MISSING WALT. Parsons, Christine // American Enterprise;Apr2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p12
Comments on the use of the television network Nickelodeon to market MTV in the U.S. in 2004. Number of viewers of MTV; Revenue of the network annually.
- Mass Appeal. Polich, John // Adweek Midwest Edition;05/31/99, Vol. 40 Issue 22, Upfront Programming p36
Reveals that broadcast networks in the United States (US) are suffering a demographic breakdown. How the problem stated; Comments from industry officials; Figures released by the US Bureau of Labor.
- The Clock Is Ticking. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/18/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 7, p30
The author reflects on the impact of the digital television (DTV) transition on viewers all over the U.S. The author mentions that after February 17, 2009, analog sets will be useless for over-the-air reception of most full-power TV stations. He believes that after the day after the launch will...