NO 'CHAPPELLE'? NO PROBLEM
- Strong results for 'Daily Show'. // Electronic Media;03/29/99, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p42
Reports that Comedy Central's `The Daily Show With Jon Stewart' TV program has averaged a 0.7 Nielsen rating in its cable universe in March 1999.
- RATINGS POL VAULT. SCHNEIDER, MICHAEL // Daily Variety;9/26/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 59, p1
The article reports that the presidential campaign in the U.S. has brought an increase in viewership on several television programs. The "Saturday Night Live" show has experienced a 50% increase in viewership over last season's first two episodes in the Nielson polls. Comedy Central's "The Daily...
- ELECTION COVERAGE HITS A SOUR NOTE WITH CRITICS. Hibberd, James // Television Week;1/3/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p24
Discusses the criticisms against the coverage of the U.S. presidential election by cable networks in 2004. Views of Joanne Ostrow of the "Denver Post" on 24-hour cable networks; Information on ratings given to various news programs, including the "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart" on Comedy...
- Comedy Central Suspends 'Chappelle's Show' Moss, Linda; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/9/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p14
Reports on the decision of Comedy Central, a Viacom-owned cable television network, to suspend the production of the U.S. television program "Chappelle's Show." Planned premiere broadcast of its third season; Ratings of the show; Late-night shows to be launched by Comedy Central.
- Chappelle's No-Show. Wolk, Josh; Bierly, Mandi; Rice, Lynette; Snierson, Dan; Watson, Margeaux // Entertainment Weekly;
Focuses on the failure to broadcast the third season of the comedy television program "Chappelle's Show," starring stand-up comedian David Chappelle.
- Comedy Scores on Sunday. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/14/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p32
The article focuses on the success of the move of cable network Comedy Central to air the original television programs "Mind of Mencia" and "Reno 911!" on Sundays in the U.S. In July 2006, the comedy programs garnered 1.5 and 1.2 household rating respectively. The cable television network...
- Young aud votes for Stewart. McClintock, Pamela // Variety;2/16/2004, Vol. 394 Issue 1, p28
Reports on the audience rating of the TV program "The Daily Show," hosted by Jon Stewart of the Comedy Central in the U.S. Average number of viewers from January 19 to 26, 2004; Reason for its popularity; Remarks from Bill Hilary of Comedy on the rating.
- Latenight ratings spin comes with an *. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;7/6/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 65, p4
The article reports on the questionable television ratings of latenight television programs such as "Chelsea Lately," and "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart."
- Cabler basks in 'Show' glow. Robson, Scott // Daily Variety;4/21/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 14, pB2
The article focuses on the popularity of the television program "The Daily Show," hosted by television personality Jon Stewart. The program's ratings were up 25 percent in the first quarter of 2005 from year-earlier levels. "The Daily Show" frequently wins its 11 p.m. cable timeslot among the...